When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part a growing organization that empowers our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With our outstanding financial performance, leading market positions and the largest investment in innovation in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
- Lead and participate on teams in developing M&A strategies and decision support analysis for the senior leadership team
- Identify, research, analyze and value potential acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and other strategic growth opportunities
- Support M&A strategy objectives - including the development and tracking of acquisition opportunities, and all phases of transaction execution
- Analyze industry dynamics and the competitive landscape for valuation purposes
- Create, review, and present financial models including valuation and pro forma M&A analysis
- Perform and manage due diligence process
- Assist in the development and communication of the strategic business case to obtain corporate leadership support for M&A initiatives
- Support or lead the transaction negotiation and closing processes
- Lead and assist in the execution of corporate divestitures
- Support Strategic Planning / Business Development process, including evaluation of new business opportunities and development of M&A strategy
- Work closely with and oversee Analyst, Associate, and Manager level professionals
How will you get here?
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Science or a technical field); MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience in M&A in the areas of acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, investment banking.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and negotiating business transactions including acquisition evaluation, modeling and financial analysis
- Demonstrated leadership ability - including the development and empowerment of high-potential early-career professionals with proven track record leading, supporting, and managing transactions
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking and supporting diverse perspectives and backgrounds in the workplace
- Ability to understand organization goals and proactively identify inorganic opportunities to meet them
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact with senior executives and handle high pressure settings with confidence
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with capacity for learning quickly in a very intensive and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional financial and analytical skills including a very strong understanding of accounting principles and fundamentals of financial statement analysis
- Strong teamwork and project management skills with the ability to lead projects in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of work product
- Willingness to travel both domestic and internationally, as required
Relocation assistance to Waltham, MA may be provided.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information,