What is the position?
- Part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team, the Head Consumer Solutions will contribute to the organization in 4 distinct ways:
- Partner with stakeholders in the Consumer sector to understand their business objectives, and partner with them to create design strategies in support of business goals.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the growth of the Consumer business.
- Educate business partners on the value and capabilities of design, and transform how design is applied and leveraged in the new digital world.
- Work with and lead internal design teams to organize capabilities, funding and program scopes to ensure successful design work.
- Passionately promotes the benefits of care-centered design, enabling the business to evolve their thinking and approaches from single-point to holistic ecosystem design solutions.
- Shape brand experiences and new business opportunities across the Consumer sector.
What will you do?
- Work directly with the Chief Design Officer, EVP of the Consumer business, and senior consumer leaders to shape and guide the way design impacts and drives business strategies.
- Establish relationships and liaise with senior business partners and cross-functional teams to champion design.
- As a member of the J&J Design Leadership Team, you represent the Consumer design practice and advocate for the business needs to your capabilities partners.
- Partner with our Operations team to develop meaningful metrics and feedback loops to assess our performance and outcomes.
- Seek out, identify and drive new business opportunities across the Consumer organization (including Tech, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Regulatory etc.) to drive innovation and deliver differentiated solutions.
- Manage and oversee a variety of design programs, defining scope, goals and deliverables that will be completed within set timelines and budgets.
- Lead by example and in accordance with the J&J Credo and J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required a major in design is preferred.
- A minimum 15 years’ experience in design strategy, content development and/or account management is required.
- Proven results leading a multi-disciplinary design team required.
- Demonstrated experience guiding business partners through the design process is required.
- Passion for designing consumer products and solutions that drive new business models and innovation globally is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas simply is required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to support the development of visual/verbal narratives using a combination of tools, including Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite, for strategic presentations, scopes of work and team inspiration is required.
- Experience leveraging design thinking in a tactical business context is required
- The ability to travel up to 25% both domestically and internationally.
Requisition ID: 2920180109