Senior Director – Consulting Physician
February 10, 2021
The Willis Towers Watson Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size employers control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through developing, implementing and evaluating health plan, vendor, and employer programs. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition and custom care management units round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
We are seeking a seasoned physician executive to join our North American health management team to provide consultation and thought leadership to leading employers across the US and Canada. We are seeking a physician executive with a deep understanding of the employer sponsored health insurance market as well as the health care delivery system.
As a Senior Director – Consulting Physician you will consult on a wide variety of complex health management projects, including strategy development, data analysis, program evaluation, vendor assessment. You will serve as the leader for some projects and a subject matter expert for others, and you will create client deliverables, contribute to client management and new business activities, and participate in the creation of new intellectual capital.
- Identify, define, sell and deliver projects relating to health management to Willis Towers Watson clients
- Lead teams consulting for our clients on health issues, including population risk, utilization, costs, and member navigation
- Serve as a subject matter expert on topics within health management for colleagues across the firm
- Develop and deploy intellectual capital around health management issues that help other Willis Towers Watson consultants sell and deliver consulting services
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary Health Management team within Willis Towers Watson, and develop and mentor junior colleagues
- Promote increased health management capacity across the firm through both formal training and informal sharing of knowledge
- Work closely with Health and Benefits generalists to identify opportunities to improve health for our employer clients
- Work closely with aligned specialty practices, including pharmacy, integrated wellbeing, compliance, and health analytics.
- Work with Health and Benefits specialties and other lines of business on integration of health management into other Willis Towers Watson products and services
- Understand the full range of products and consulting services offered by Willis Towers Watson, and suggest them to clients at appropriate times
- Work with colleagues to identify and assess emerging solutions and the evolving vendor space
- Present at national meetings and other forums and participate in media interviews in areas of expertise
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Possess substantial knowledge of our industry, understanding the needs of members and employers and the capabilities of health plans and other vendors including those using technology to disrupt the current health ecosystem
- Substantial experience in plan design, network evaluation, new product offerings, changing regulatory environment, and the interface between health management, pharmacy, compliance and disability management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Experience in developing and sharing intellectual capital including client- and colleague-ready consulting and selling materials and points of view
- Experience developing and implementing population-based health strategies
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Comfortable with matrix setting – and building virtual teams and leveraging work to junior colleagues
- Adept at using technology to serve our clients and accomplish our goals, and comfortable with the virtual setting for many colleague and client interfaces.
- Intuitively understand numbers and can contextualize business and performance data
- Ability to function effectively in a sales and growth culture
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous initiatives and projects
- Comfortable with an average of 2-3 days a week of business travel, understanding this will be non-uniformly spread across the year (note that business travel will resume only when it is safe to do so)
- 3-5+ years of experience in a strategic or consultative role at either a provider/vendor, employer or consultant/broker is preferred
- M.D., D.O. or equivalent, plus an active clinical license is required
EOE, including disability/vets