The Senior Director of Competitive Intelligence is responsible for the management, control and delivery of key initiatives, partnering with senior Cox Automotive leaders and the C-suite to drive strategic alignment and guide critical/strategic business decisions made across marketing, product, IT, sales as well as Cox Automotive’s Enterprise Strategy team. In addition to keeping a pulse on key competitive activity, the Sr. Director of Competitive Intelligence and his/her team are responsible for delivering competitive landscape insights, analyses and actionable strategic insights that help direct Cox Automotive’s short and long-term strategic roadmap. The Sr. Director will serve as a trusted advisor and proven subject matter expert in the art and science of competitive intelligence, having demonstrated profound experience in program design and structure that aligns to the top priorities of Cox Automotive. The Sr. Director will have demonstrated experience in successfully leading, motivating and developing a team of competitive intelligence professionals who serve as subject matter experts and strategic advisors to specific parts of the business. As a member of the Research & Market Intelligence leadership team, the Sr. Director is also expected to contribute to team-wide planning and ongoing management efforts, fostering a sense of camaraderie and teamwork.
• 15+ years of competitive intelligence, consulting and/or corporate strategy experience.
• 7+ years of people management experience, with proven ability to lead, motivate, influence and develop.
• Strong understanding of financial statements required; finance work experiencepreferred.
• Strong analytic capabilities, with a demonstrated ability to interpret and translate complex data into succinct storylines.
• Experience in and knowledge of automotive industry preferred.
• Possess a reputation for creativity, attention to detail and business insight.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking, with high tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to drive business decisions with incomplete information.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact, collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Skilled at building strong client relationships and managing expectations.
• Excellent teamwork skills with a service-oriented attitude.
• Experience in simultaneously managing clients, projects and vendors a must.
• Hungry and self-motivated to grow team and one’s own skills.
• Strong MS Office skills required.
• Master degree strongly preferred (especially MBA)
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Passionate and driven to win.
• Self-starter mentality that possesses critical thinking capabilities, intellectual curiosity, and creative problem solving skills.
• Exceptional people leadership skills, fostering an environment of trust and long-term individual growth.
• Strong executive presence with ability to influence in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to be collaborative in a highly matrixed environment, influence without authority, stand out as a successful, objective and strategic thought partner.
• Energetic and positive team player who is flexible and personable with a service-oriented attitude.
• Must have a natural curiosity and comfort with ambiguous information and limited direction.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment in which attention to detail is expected.
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Approaches change with a positive mindset.
• Embraces responsibility for outcomes and impact.
• Fosters a healthy and positive work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deliver concise reporting, presentations, and materials that are executive-friendly.
• Delivers consistently on time, on budget and in scope.
This position reports to the VP, Research & Market Intelligence and manages ~10 team members.
KEY CUSTOMER INTERFACES:
• Cox Enterprises and Cox Automotive senior executive team (as needed)
• Cox Automotive Enterprise Strategy (primary)
• Solution Group leadership team (primary)