Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 39 days ago
Scientific Games is looking for a Sr. Director, Commercial Sales Americas for their $1.7B global, Gaming Business Unit. This team member will be a hands on leader and contributor for Gaming's FP&A function including the preparation of the annual financial plan, longer term strategic plan and on-going financial forecasts. This position will also develop and lead a team of business finance analysts and managers supporting the corporate functional leaders with timely financial decision support and analytics as financial business partners to drive growth initiatives and profitability. In addition, the Director FP&A will oversee company’s cost management and executive reporting requirements, including support for M&A activities, due diligence and integration of acquired companies. The position reports to the Gaming CFO.
Essential Job Functions:
• Establish meaningful reports and analytics that support the needs of internal executives and external shareholders. Manage company-wide data requests efficiently. Provide timely and accurate weekly Outlook, Forecast, and Month End Actual reports.
• Implement standardized Management Reporting and alligned KPIs to increase accountability and drive attainment of increased FCF goals.
• Collaborate with functional leaders to standardize monthly financial reviews and establish a more comprehensive forecasting and budgeting process.
• Provide accurate and timely analytics, reports, and insightful observations to managers and executives creating a more data driven business decision structure and increase cost management efficiency and effectiveness and overall
• Provide decks and analyses as required for BOD, EC, CEO, and quarter end meetings.
• Implement a winning culture. Provide team members with opportunities to become primary finance contacts for functional leaders. Promote cross-training and knowledge transfer opportunities to increase skill sets.
• Provide a consolidated/standardized process for SG’s Annual Operating Plan and Long Range Plan. Assist in training corporate contributors. Improve communication channels so that all assumptions, guidance memos, and time tables are agreed upon and executed by the business units.
• Coordinate with the IT group to identify process changes in financial planning and analysis, revenue and cost accounting, data requirements and data capture for more useful business analysis and decision making
• Coordinate with the Accounting function to obtain internal financial building blocks and to design operational focused financial reports based on Operations’ requirements
• Identify and help implement cost efficiency and productivity initiatives
• Interacts with All Executive Committee members and their direct reports frequently as part of the project management efforts.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Four year accounting/finance degree required, MBA preferred
• 12+ years of experience working in accounting/finance positions, with financial analysis experience at a manager or above level for at least 10 years.
• Manager experience required
• Data Analytics
• Integration Experience
• Performance Metrics
• Financial Progess Redesign
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels of an organization, and especially with Executive Committee personnel
• Able to quickly understand and explain complex data/issues and distill complex and voluminous data into understandable information for non-accountants
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate forward looking changes required for shifts in business operations
• Ability to develop and lead new business models and support organizational shift
• Ability to partner with leadership around strategic objectives
• Ability to develop software based business management metrics to support decision making
• Highly proficient PC skills, especially in Excel, Word and Power Point
• Strong systems aptitude and business focus, experience with Hyperian, HFM and Oracle ERP software preferred
• Solid understanding of accounting principles and procedures
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Strong initiative with a proven ability to follow-through on projects and bring them to a timely completion
• Comfortable working under tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to gain trust at the highest levels of the organization
• Ability to work collaboratively in group situations.