UEG is an award-winning global marketing agency specializing in entertainment and sports. We develop and implement immersive consumer experiences by partnering with the people, places and platforms that shape pop culture.
Our suite of services include Celebrity programming, Music-Film-TV-Sports partnerships, Entertainment & Sports Communications, and Brand Experiences.
The team at UEG is a dynamic group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across entertainment & sports, paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications.
This is a work hard, play hard environment where a true passion for sports and entertainment are married with the desire to create business changing work for our clients.
UEG is currently looking for a Client Relationship Manager who will support a significant, high-profile Global CPG brand client with strong communication skills and a high level of client service; responsible for supporting account team performance on several Global brand initiatives from strategy through execution with inter-agency management.
This position will be a hybrid of ideation, development, negotiation, and execution, focused on the entire integrated marketing development process for our clients. Candidate should have experience in entertainment, lifestyle, or sports partnerships, properties, and platforms.
- Day-to-day client leader overseeing entertainment and lifestyle partnerships and programs for client
- Strategist and outside of the box thinker to drive UEG business with new and existing clients
- Superior written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively multitask, delegate and manage assignments and accurately evaluate others’ work
- Leader in strategic program planning and development for clients based on emerging pop culture trends
- Working with the SVP/VP in this group, negotiate scope, timeline, and pricing in a confident manner with an optimistic tone to reach agreement with client
- Understanding of financial and operational performance of multiple sizable accounts to ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Maintaining client relationships, delivering strategy council and troubleshooting client and internal issues
- Ability to command a room as a dynamic public speaker with strategic credibility among key stakeholders
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: ability to articulate UEG’s mission, program objectives, exposure opportunities and/or resource needs persuasively to sponsors and corporate partners.
- Responsible for managing client relationships, developing account plans and delivering proposals.
- Manage client's overall expectations and provide continuously holistic context to the progress made.
- Superb networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with ability to work effectively with stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with our firm’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Familiar with best-practice Integrated Marketing Communications, PartnershipMarketing, Talent/Entertainment tactics and tools, and the ability to appropriately recommend them to executive-level clients and lead the execution of all related projects in-house
- Partnership identification, negotiation, and execution for global entertainment and sports properties
- Strong understanding of entertainment properties (e.g., television, digital/social, film, talent) in areas including the following: strategic program development, partner negotiation, brand and message integration into television and/or film; relationships with networks, studios, talent agencies, etc.
- Solid grasp and interest in all aspects of the marketing, sponsorship, and lifestyle/entertainment industry landscape
- Candidate must have dynamic communication skills to present programs and capabilities to the highest level of clients and the experience to provide strategic counsel in the entertainment/sports entertainment space
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the entertainment/sports industry with a particular focus on lifestyle/entertainment partnerships
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university experience effectively managing multiple sizable account (including financials/budgets) and experience in serving as the senior client contact simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communications skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams. .
- Passion for entertainment and pop culture
- Ability to gather key information in project briefings to onboard and continuously update the wider project team, and show excellent organization and management skills to create a sense of calm and confidence across the team.
- Identify growth opportunities and initiate long term planning with internal teams to bring these to fruition.
- Track overall project health and track revenue and invoicing with Finance.
- Keep a close eye on Client's competitors and industry trends/opportunities and create awareness to the wider team.
- Actively participate in agency brainstorm sessions, on topics and clients, throughout the organization.
This position is based in our Chicago location.
About Us United Entertainment Group (UEG) is a global entertainment, sports and lifestyle agency. It creates breakthrough, award-winning marketing and communications campaigns by partnering with the people, properties and platforms that shape pop culture. UEG has worked with hundreds of FORTUNE 500 companies, A-list celebrities, professional athletes and media properties, and serves brands seeking to engage consumers through talent, film, TV, music and sports platforms.
These include ASICS, AT&T, Bose, Bridgestone, eBay, Evian, Frito Lay, JCPenney, Kellogg’s, Shell, Speedo, Starbucks, TD Ameritrade, Yum! Brands (KFC and Pizza Hut) and many others.
Senior Director, Client Relationship Management - (172257).