Senior Director, Client AccountingJob Description Summary
The Senior Director, Client Accounting will provide senior level leadership and direction to the Client Accounting group for Asset Services Canada. The individual will oversee a group of over 60 team members and lead a team of Senior Managers and Managers towards building a scalable and client focused organization.
The candidate will bring experience in Property Accounting from a 3rd party management perspective, a passion for leading people, and an intense focus on client service quality. Previous experience with Yardi is a definite asset.Job DescriptionEssential Job Duties:
- Leadership - Lead & develop Management team to focus on quality results for internal teams, clients, and supporting department initiatives & projects, while maintaining a consistent product/platform across our national presence. Focus on staff retention, career growth, and align with HR and Talent Acquisition on initiatives.
- Client Service, Quality, and Department Performance - Monitor Department performance, including financial results, team capacity, service quality, strategic client support, and internal controls compliance. Participate and contribute to business development activities, including RFP responses. Lead &/or provide significant contributions on large client portfolio new business wins and acquisitions. Partner with internal groups including asset management, property management, leasing, and operations to deliver exceptional client service quality.
- Process Improvement and Technology - Ensure technology solutions are efficient and aligned with client and business needs. Monitor, develop & initiate process improvement in Client Accounting activities, as needed, for efficiency and relevance. Lead &/or provide significant contributions on key department level & company wide projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Requires ten or more years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of management experience preferred
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills - Strong predisposition toward a structured, disciplined approach to planning, monitoring and controlling financial operations in a complex environment; Demonstrated progressive management responsibilities and relevant experience; Experience managing large teams; Ability to develop direct reports and overall department creating a respected, accurate, and customer focused organization; Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills; Industry specific knowledge and experience with 3rd party property management services in a retail, industrial, and office environment. Passion for technology with prior experience in Yardi is preferred.
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request toHR@ca.cushwake.comor call 416-359-2596. Pleaserefer to the job title and job location when you contact us.