The Senior Director-Category Lead’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement's goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics.
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs. (30%)
Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations. (20%)
Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets. (20%)
Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles. (10%)
Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads. (10%)
Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership. (5%)
Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives. (5%)
Key Working Relationships
• Global Procurement Leadership Team
• Segment/Business Unit Finance Leadership
• Segment/Business Leadership
• Global/Regional Procurement Category Leaders
• CEO’s and Senior leaders for top suppliers
• External alliance organizations and associations
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 15+ years of related experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Multi-county and Multi sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses.
- Strong leadership, vison setting, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills.
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues.
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management.
- Strong project and change management capabilities.
- Ability to set strategy direction.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Ability to continuously improve the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 30% international and domestic.
- 8+ years of managing direct reports.
- 8+ years in a senior position.
- MBA / Master’s / Ph.D. / JD
- Preferred Area of Study: Business, life sciences or related field.
- Preferred Related Industry Experience: Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical field with at least 10+ years within a Procurement environment.
- High level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.).
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence".
- Proven track record in attracting and developing talent.
- Prior successes in major change role as both architect and leading implementation.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams and executing significant influencing roles.
- Significant business acumen and proven team building skills.
- Proven examples of delivering step function performance and ability to develop visions, strategies, etc. while managing reasonable risk.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
Requisition ID: 4530170623