The Sr. Director, Business Processes manages Accounting initiatives and programs that expand across Accounting, Finance, IT, and Operations. The position's primary focus is to support sponsors, stakeholders, and project teams while working with third-party vendors and consultants to consolidate accounting and financial reporting systems into one common Oracle Cloud solution.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement project governance plans to include RACI Chart, Stakeholder Engagement Plan, Risk Mitigation Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, and Internal Audit Control considerations.
- Track progress against program schedule and provide routine status updates, including new program risks, to sponsors, steering committee and project team as appropriate.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, project consultants, and internal project teams to produce business requirement, design, prototyping, testing, training, and implementation deliverables based on the project approach.
- Contemplate best practices and consistent business processes at the onset and throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinate and obtain approvals for project change requests.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to develop project teams and resource plans and manage human resources and skillsets to optimize staffing in conjunction with project deadlines.
- Manage project teams that may or may not be direct reports with diverse talents and responsibilities.
- Oversee and collaborate with Change/Business Process Manager to develop a communication and change management strategy, sponsor roadmaps, training plans, and resistance management plans.
- Manage interventions between teams, vendors, management, etc. and make timely decisions to achieve project objectives.
- Assess go-live readiness of applicable stakeholders for each release phase.
- Develop proposals, budgets, funding proposals, and operating plans that support the strategic direction of accounting initiatives and programs.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven Project Management Office experience with large-scale technology and business initiatives with diverse teams, disparate processes, and different locations.
- Proven experience with migrating ERP and reporting applications to cloud solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; yet, ability to think strategically to recognize broad implications of issues, changes, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and follow up skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate professional and courteous interaction with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience in proactively working with department leaders and senior management teams with the ability to gain acceptance of new processes and potentially new organizational structures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or Business is required.
- 12-15 years' experience in leading major project initiatives across diversified organizational structures is preferred.
- Proven project management experience in enterprise solution implementations is required.
- ERP system knowledge - Oracle Cloud is preferred.
- Oil & Gas Industry experience is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
Up to 40% travel may be required. May require the ability to travel to field locations where environment may vary significantly.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally position, transport and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access and relay information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.