The Head of Business Operations for our Customer Engagement & Support Business Unit (CES) will lead a team responsible for the near term (1 year) and long term (3 year) formulation of strategy for the product suite in partnership with our M&A, Business Development, Pricing, and Analytics functions. Your role charter is to drive operational excellence and contribute in meaningful ways to your unit's overall business and product strategy. You do this by quarterbacking many of the business transactions between the leaders within the business. As the leader of this team, you will ensure that portfolio investments in the business support growth and enhancement of the products and processes and unlock new routes to market and/or secure new technology partnerships and channels. You will also drive successful and seamless functionality of all parts of the business to encourage optimal output and sustained growth while simultaneously driving the pricing strategies for products within the portfolio by leveraging your team to analyze and validate decisions.
The true measure of success will be creating and setting strategy that results in both revenue and customer growth for the business unit while improving margins. You will create and manage a scalable operating model and management system that will deliver requisite business and financial performance.
- Lead the 3 and 1 year strategy and strategic planning processes for CES aligned with overall LMI process:
- Develop the organization and processes needed to exploit the massive opportunity facing the business unit.
- Partner with GM and BU leadership team to guide allocation of CES portfolio investments to balance short- and long-term growth in line with the overall company principles and direction.
- Partner with VP of Product and Corp Dev to drive M&A agenda that supports CES strategic objectives.
- End to End Operations:
- Drive the definition of the end to end execution of the CES strategy across each offering within the CES business unit to ensure visibility into key steps/levers of the customer journey, from acquisition through service delivery through retention and expansion
- Partner with the functions to define responsibilities, handoffs and KPIs for optimal end to end execution. Drive effective monitoring of key KPIs to ensure optimal health of the business
- Partner with the team to define the operating mechanisms and reporting system to help provide real time visibility into the health of the overall system and enable rapid response to changes
- Partner with BU leaders to drive strategic projects to course correct on gaps in execution system
- Work with Analysts, FP&A, Sales ops and other internal teams to build accurate models of current and future business operations metrics
- E nsure the delivery of forecasted revenue, revenue growth, margin and cash flow. It is important that the successful candidate take immediate responsibility for current period performance while immersing oneself into the company's operations.
- I nstall effective business systems and operational discipline that will deliver the requisite visibility and overall business performance required against forecasted pla Publish timely and relevant metrics/KPIs to ensure that everyone has immediate access to all the key drivers of business performance.
- I mprove the overall business discipline in the organization, specifically around fact-based decision making, to improve business and overall operating performance;
- Dissect, distill, and drive to enhance the overall efficacy of marketing spend to drive improved demand generation results and return on investme Closely align sales and marketing to ensure peak performance and return on marketing investment.
- B uild and execute on a strategy to maximize the leverage of existing customer base to cross-sell and up-sell the new products and services to existing customers to accelerate revenue growth and lower overall cost of sales;
- C ollaborate closely with the product organization and product marketing to ensure that the product strategy and product road map is designed to deliver requisite revenue and margin growth consistent with investor expectations.
- I ntroduce LMI's global product launch process to ensure that LMI's new products are introduced with a great deal of precision, requisite revenue planning and sales force readiness, demand generation and sales suppor
- Pr ovide coaching and mentoring across the management team to further develop management capabilities.
- Partner with other leaders to generate the business plan to penetrate key international markets to optimize profitable revenue growth and manage a changing geographic competitive landscape.
- BS/BA in Business, Management, Operations, Industrial Organizational Psychology, or like. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years leading operations function within a high growth business, preferably in the technical sector with a strong emphasis on providing solutions to the SMB marketplace.
- Must have strong experience developing either marketing or sales organizations in companies that have experienced tremendous growth.
- Strong collaborative instincts and an ability to partner with, develop, and motivate other peer leaders within the business unit and subordinate team members.
- Metrics driven and analytical with the forecasting discipline to operate nimbly in a high growth environment.
- A proven track record of professional accomplishment, promotion, and success within a well-regarded organization.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence.
- Competitive yet team oriented.
- Inspires others: Shares passion for our vision, culture and opportunity
- Business Minded: Demonstrates strategic thinking, operational intelligence and sound judgment
- Results-oriented: Focuses on delivering results not activity
- Data-driven: Balances data with gut, embraces test and learn approach to make informed business decisions
- Collaborative: Builds partnerships and ensures shared success
- Accountable: Owns and keeps commitments
- Disciplined: Enforces operational rigor and "stick-to-it-ness"
- Courageous: Willing to raise, make hard calls in service of the business
- Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
- Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other's potential
- Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
- Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
- Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect to each other and the world around them. With millions of users worldwide, our cloud-based solutions make it possible for people and companies to connect and engage with their workplace, colleagues, customers and products anywhere, anytime. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with offices across the US and Germany and in Bangalore, Budapest, Dublin, London, and Sydney.
Our headquarters are two state-of-the-art buildings on Summer Street in the heart of Boston's Innovation District that boast a 2,200-square foot roof deck and patio. We work in an open and forward-thinking environment simplifying how people connect to each other and the world around them