Senior Director Business Development Travel Industry -
At CWT, we have a unique and compelling culture as an employer defined by our people and supported by our Core Values. Our employees feel a genuine respect for one another, act with uncompromising integrity and feel proud of our global market leadership. They value working together, embrace opportunities for continuous learning and have an intense desire to serve customers.
Apply effective leadership skills in the management of a regional team to achieve individual and team sales targets. Works collaboratively with the rest of the sales organization to apply best practices in client acquisition strategies.
- Set annual quotas for the sales team
- Manage to a targeting close rate of 40%
- Proactively support and manage the sales team to achieve their sales quotas
- Represent Sales in regional and global sales initiatives/ programs
- Establish a strong market presence for CWT
- Evaluate emerging market trends, customers’ requirements and competitor activity.
- Accountable for CRM data quality, pipeline reporting, analysis, and sales team performance management
- Effectively coach the team in the areas of the sales process to ensure effectiveness, including strategy, qualification, discovery and close techniques
- Recruiting and acquiring top talent
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience- Related undergraduate degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience in the sales or service industry. - Graduate degree or MBA is a definite asset.- Strong Sales Leadership & Management is required with proven track record of success leading a sales team to profitable results for the business.- Travel Sales Management experience is strongly preferred.- Extensive direct selling experience with C level executives and corporate travel managers- Extensive experience in the application of solution selling models & creation of strategies & plans to achieve new business targets- Experience in direct accountability for driving aggressive sales goals, with demonstrated success in closing corporate accounts
Knowledge- Strong business acumen- Strong financial acumen to lead pricing and negotiations- Comprehensive understanding of technological aspects of marketplace of commercial travel is preferred
Skills- Cognitive thinking - ability to design and execute winning strategies - Creative and Bold thinking – able to market business and lead and support new ideas to close new business- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, negotiation, presentation) - Strong negotiation skills- Effective leadership, coaching and development skills
Abilities- Ability to coach, mentor, guide and develop sales teams- Ability to travel 50% plus both in region and globally*LI-SR