This position will play a leading role in shaping and refining the strategic plans to strengthen NanoString’s leadership positions in Multiomic and Spatial Biology markets, and will be responsible to identify, evaluate, implement and manage a broad range of strategic business initiatives, collaborations, licenses and acquisitions bringing new technologies, relationships and resources to the company.
- Shape strategic plan:In conjunction with key stakeholders, drive the development of long-term and short-term strategies to leverage corporate competencies and build corporate value.
- Identify and prioritize key initiatives:Be well versed in key scientific, technical and business trends and track landscapes to establish actionable opportunities. Leverage network and resources to establish and maintain relationships with prospective partners to keep NanoString as top of mind.
- Drive robust business development process:Deliver successful deal outcomes for both “buy” and “sell” side transactions including conducting comprehensive technical & business evaluation, scenario planning and analysis, constructing & negotiating innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals and collaborating with Commercial, R&D, Legal, Finance and other stakeholders to build buy-in. Champion new opportunities through senior management review.
- Implementation and management of collaborations: Ensure that each collaboration is appropriately integrated, managed and resourced within the company to maximize probability of success.
- Be an ambassador for NanoString representing its people and technology.
Experience and Qualifications
- Advanced scientific/technical degree (PhD); MBA strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience ideally within the life sciences or related management consulting industries.
- Strategic, out-of-the-box thinker with outstanding business instincts who can navigate bold ideas, and translate into actionable, value-creating results for the company.
- Scientific, technical and business acumen and experience across technology platforms, precision medicine, complex biology (i.e. multiomic genomics/proteomics, single cell/spatial as well as disease specific expertise including immuno-oncology) and health-tech/software/informatics.
- Strong executive presence with experience championing the business case with Senior Management.
- Track record of driving business development process through inception, evaluation, execution and implementation including structuring, analysis, diligence and leading negotiations.
- Broad network with diverse deal sheet across range of “buy” and “sell” transactions and collaborations.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, problem-solving skills and collaborative approach to thrive in a dynamic, team environment.
- Flexibility to travel up to 30%.