Senior Director, Business Development
15+ years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.
- Owns the Business Development group in a business segment, providing leadership and direction through senior managers and executives for all functional areas: M&A, Investment (Applied Ventures), IP Purchasing / Licensing, JDA, and JV
- Identify alliance opportunities (e.g. Joint ventures, acquisitions, cooperative development and technology licenses); structure, negotiate and implement alliance transaction to achieve Applied's objectives within acceptable risk parameters.
- Identify issues representing opportunities or threats of strategic importance
- Develop and implement methodologies to achieve consensus for actions needed.
- Develop plan to implement changes
- Team development activities to maintain or build the optimum type and level of skill set
- Continual tracking and validation of the technical needs of the segment and updating the BD plan and activities
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ Years of Experience