At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
The Sr. Director of Brand Operations and Performance Support (BOPS) is responsible for leading a team of Brand Performance Support Directors (BPS) with direct hotel oversight in two categories: CHH Owned hotels and Franchised hotels. The SR BOPS will be responsible for financial performance improvement through action planning within their assigned portfolios to maximize hotel results and achieve premium quality and service levels. Success metrics will be measured by performance gains (primarily RPI Index and GOP gap closure), enhanced guest satisfaction and increased Brand compliance across the Brand.
This position leads the BPS organization to drive performance through strategic business planning, revenue generation support, operations initiatives and brand compliance at individual hotels (pre-opening and operating) and across the Brand. The Sr. Director of BOPS ensures BPS Directors drive profitability and deliver results through frequent, aggressive engagement on-property and through effective relationships with above property Management Company representatives and Owner Operators.
The Sr. Director of BOPS will directly and proactively engage owners, management companies, designated franchisee representatives, on-site management, and internal Choice stakeholders to ensure adequate resources and support to drive performance improvement. Possess significant above-property hotel operations and/or sales/marketing experience. Seek and share best practices
What you will do…
CDV-Core Divisional Duties
- Lead, coach, develops BPS organization to develop and implement individual hotel SMART plans that reflect performance gains, enhanced guest satisfaction and increased compliance across the Brand.
- Provide monthly updates to the Brand Leadership team on portfolio performance (current and forward-looking trends) including a high-level summary of strategy and tactics to drive improvements.
- Track market and industry trends to forecast potential impact on the Cambria portfolio performance and inform Senior Leadership.
- Establish a Portfolio Review Process for Management Companies and Owner Operators to ensure performance alignment and track results.
- Establish and drive the Capex process at Owned Assets to ensure competitive positioning and ROI.
- Work individually with each BPS leader to drive overall portfolio improvement through, maximizing overall revenue, identifying new sources of incremental revenue, actioning M3 analysis to find expense reductions and cost containment.
- Conduct property visits with BPS Directors throughout the year to assess effectiveness of engagement and ability to drive results as measured by individual financial performance, guest experience, associate engagement, service execution and Cambria compliance.
- Leverage M3 and other CHH performance reporting systems including financial reports, guest satisfaction and STR performance to optimize action planning and continuous improvement.
- Cultivate franchisee relationships focusing on owner engagement, retention strategies and management company effectiveness.
- Review and recommend Compliance strategy and escalation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with all proprietary systems and industry related support technologies.
- Remain currently informed of all Brand programs, franchise requirements, operating practices, market trends, and industry conditions to provide necessary information and support to franchisees.
CDIS-Core Interdepartmental Duties
- Collaborate with peer leadership (ChoiceRM, Cambria Field Sales, Sales Operations) to leverage BPS organization to drive top-line revenues at portfolio hotels and drive compliance with programs and resources.
- Collaborate with D+C and Opening Services throughout the pre-opening process to ensure successful openings.
- Leverage resources within the broader Choice organization to identify new opportunities that drive incremental revenue, enhance Guest Satisfaction, increase operating efficiency and expense containment at the hotel level.
NCDIS-Supporting Interdepartmental Duties
- Understand and successfully integrate Choice’s cultural values and performance principles into all facets of franchisee, peer, and internal stakeholder interaction.
Skills you have…
- Minimum 5-7 years corporate level, multi-unit hotel operations oversight and/or sales support highly preferred
- Experience leading a team of 6-10 direct reports
- Full-service hotel experience required
- Ability to convey and apply revenue management principles and practices essential
- Minimum - Bachelor’s degree
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, franchise industry savvy, and proven track record in driving hotel performance success
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office
- Must have superior time-management and follow-through skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to balance multiple priorities
- Must thrive on exceeding goals and meeting deadlines