Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Establishes the global strategic direction of the internal audit function to achieve the objectives and responsibilities established by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and in alignment with the Company’s strategies and objectives.
• Develops and implements a global risk-based audit program designed to assess the internal control environment and business processes to protect the company’s assets.
• Assists the Audit Committee in its responsibility to review the adequacy of internal controls and procedures in accounting and operational areas having a significant impact on Company’s financial data and reports.
• Quarterly, presents audit results to the Audit Committee, including the global annual audit plan, risk assessment results, proposed changes to the audit plan and status of open audit issues.
• Coordinates global internal audit efforts with, and provide necessary assistance to, Company’s external auditors to assure the annual certification of corporate financial data.
• Provides management with clear reports on the results of the global internal audit activities, including action plans to mitigate the identified risks and improve operational efficiencies and processes.
• Oversees the coordination of activities with external auditors in completing Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives, the financialaudit and service organization reports.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with senior management, external auditors and members of the Audit Committee.
• Ensures that global client audit activities are carried out in an efficient and effective manner, including activities pertaining to pre-audit assessments, planning client-initiated audits, service organization control reporting, coordination with clients and control owners, gathering of evidence, communicating results, tracking of issues and validation procedures.
• Develops and controls the global internal audit and client audit services budget to provide the necessary resources to accomplish the annual audit programs and to support client audits.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field.
• Master’s Degree, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
• Ten plus years of experience in internal audit, public accounting, and/or risk management in a large, publically held company required.
• Seven plus years leadership experience with proven ability to effectively manage, delegate, coach and motivate teams required.
• Experience managing a team in a multi-location, global geographically disparate organization, preferred.
• Information systems and Sarbanes-Oxley experiencepreferred.
• Advanced understanding of processes, risks and controls, with the ability to weigh risk and opportunity.
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate and build relationships throughout the global business at all levels, with internal and external stakeholders, including the external audit team.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally – approx. 10%.
Requisition #: R1058911