The Senior Director, Application Development Maintenance Integration (ADMI) role is part of the Business Process and Technology (BPT) organization which is comprised of several groups contributing to the overall IT success of SC Johnson globally. This person will strategize, define and execute the application build and maintenance of strategic IT programs and projects across all business units in the organization in line with requirements of new or amended business processes and systems applications. The incumbent will create the applications portfolio clarifying life cycle management of the portfolio and aligning it with the IT investment profile.
In partnership with other IT functions, the role is responsible for setting up direct and control several integration platforms in a coordinated 'end to end' process to achieve platform scaling, data migration and quality assurance. The Senior Director- ADMI is responsible for the support, maintenance, upgrade and delivery of the organization’s crucial SAP environment and all other non-SAP applications.
The incumbent is expected to deliver highest performance levels in terms of application services and support; correctly aligning the team, effectively managing third party suppliers, improving levels of service and upgrading the environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and control the Application Development, Maintenance & Integration (ADMI) organization through effective financial control, ensuring that business targets are met and that the under- or over-recovery of costs is appropriately controlled.
- Recruit, lead, motivate, develop and appraise team members so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the function, recognizing and developing the future leaders, whilst driving culture, behavioral and business change initiatives necessary to ensure the implementation and exploitation of change
- Maintain a constant business and commercial focus ensuring solutions developed and delivered provide tangible business benefit and facilitate the delivery of existing strategic programmes
- Drive the overall plans for ADMI considering the sourcing strategy, utilization of 3rd parties, location strategy, cost levers and constraints.
- Initiate, direct and control the commercial focus of all activities undertaken by ADMI, developing a culture of rigorous cost control, re-use, measurement and continuously improving performance, ensuring that value is continuously being delivered to the business.
- Lead the effort to consolidate the applications within the existing portfolio balancing short term needs with longer term convergence
- Responsible for the hosting, support, delivery and upgrade of the worldwide SAP environment
- Take the lead in software licensing, utilization and renewal across the organization
- Own and manage relationships with CIO and other group IT stakeholders by mitigating associated delivery risks and managing communications and expectations of stakeholders to ensure integration satisfaction and a high-quality project integration service to achieve all Integration goals.
- Continually improve the quality and efficiency of deliverables to meet migration events on time and to budget, by introducing industry best practices and continuously improving migration and testing cycles through automation and capability development.
- Direct the creation of the appropriate technical environments. Provide design integrity and ensure architectural compliance for all the platforms ensuring that differing projects do not either damage each other's functionality or compromise the different platforms integrity.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or equivalent. An advance degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience within an Application/Development team
- 5+ years of experience in leading large global teams
- 5+ years of experience with leading SAP teams/projects
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrable track record in delivering world class application services and support in a complex, international organization of relevant scale and complexity.
- A true breadth of application development experience – being comfortable in both - driving the creation of cutting-edge solutions as well as consolidating legacy systems.
- A proven track record of driving change and improving performance in terms of cost, availability and service across a complex operational environment.
- Comfortable driving successful delivery through a large, geographically disparate team comprised of internal employees and resource from multiple vendors
- Experience of formulating and controlling various budgets, taking actions to overcome adverse variations and/or trends and timely identifying potential risks in delivering against the budget.
- Extensive experience of project management through effective management controls; intense experience of negotiating and contracting with third-party suppliers when required and resolving any potential resource issues.
- Ability to form effective relationships with relevant business stakeholders, understanding the business operating model, and aligning organizational structures appropriate to deliver the strategy.
- Demonstrable understanding of industry standards and maturity models around systems development and their pragmatic implementation
- Demonstrates a tenacious attention to detail ensuring effective and timely delivery of all solutions to time and budget meeting business requirements
- Strong vendor management capability, with the ability to drive world class performance from external suppliers
- Proven track record of driving transformation across an IT Development function, both in terms of people and culture and in terms of optimizing the application landscape
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, proposals, issues and implications to a range of business stakeholders in a concise way