What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Senior Director Analyst Marketing Technology and Emerging Trends, North America, Gartner For Marketing Leaders
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in marketing technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity, and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought-leading research for Gartner’s senior Marketing leaders about the management, organization, and reporting for Marketing Technology.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst, you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction, analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices, and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting the client’s key initiatives.
- Work collaboratively as part of a globally distributed team of analysts.
- Deliver high-quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- A clear, demonstrable understanding of the marketing technology landscape to guide marketers in selecting marketing engagement solutions. This includes support for marketing automation or marketing cloud/ campaign management technology selection, approach to implementation and activation, and understanding of how the solutions work to execute, orchestrate, and optimize multichannel customer experience engagement.
- Subject matter expertise for guiding and support marketers who are selecting new marketing technologies, and/or optimizing their existing marketing technology investments. This ranges from helping clients plan their marketing technology roadmap to managing and optimizing clients’ existing martech investments, helping them understand areas of technology overlap or gaps or the process of how to rationalize from multiple systems to one (or few)
- Knowledge of use and implementation of core marketing technology. Functionality areas, including digitalasset management, web content management, digital commerce, personalization engines, customer data profiles, identity management, customer journey analytics – is desired.
- Advise marketers on best practices for leveraging emerging trends and technologies to achieve transformative business outcomes. This includes emerging technologies such as complex event processing, machine learning and AI for marketing, predictive analytics, real-time decisioning, conversational agents, augmented analytics and consent/preference management.
- Familiarity with external marketing technology services, including how/when to engage partners/providers, or how to work withinternal IT counterparts to implement or manage technology effectively.
- Demonstrated ability for identifying appropriate marketing innovations to try, how to plan and budget for marketing technology option, how to evaluate return on investment and how to maintain an organizational culture friendly adaptable marketing technology tactics.
- Understanding of marketing technology leadership roles in the organization, including where marketing technology leadership reports, how to hire for marketing technology capabilities, and evolving job descriptions.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a research or marketing technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degreepreferred
- Ability to travel regionally and globally. Work from home office or Gartner office 80% of work days; travel normally 20%.
Job Requisition ID:34454