Liberty Mutual Reinsurance has an exciting opportunity for an Actuary STP II to support the treaty pricing for a growing book of US reinsurance.
In this role, you will perform US treaty pricing analyses covering all lines of business including Property, Casualty and Specialty lines as well as peer reviewing other pricing actuaries' analyses, as assigned by the Head Pricing Actuary - LM Re US. You will participate in underwritingaudits of cedents on key treaties and interact with brokers and cedents frequently.
Liberty Mutual Reinsurance (LM Re), a business unit of Liberty Specialty Markets, writes $2.5 billion of premium with offices in London, Cologne, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Singapore, Rio de Janeiro, Bogotá, Boston and Stamford. Liberty Specialty Markets writes $7 billion of premium and is headquartered in London.
- Pricing both quota share and excess of loss treaties for property, casualty and specialty lines of business
- Peer review other actuaries pricing analyses
- Work with the cat modeling team to incorporate their analyses into the pricing
- Communicate clearly and effectively with underwriters on specific treaty pricing, meeting all assigned deadlines
- Participate in underwriting audits for key cedents and report on findings to the actuarial, underwriting and claims teams
- Work with finance as needed to report pricing results and manage entry into the underwriting system on treaties priced
- Provide input, as needed, to support reserving or financial planning assumptions
- Conduct studies as requested to enhance pricing parameters (such as trend studies for specific lines of business, etc.)
Primary Location: Stamford, CT
Additional Locations: Boston, MA;
Salary: USD $192,600.00 - $253,400.00 / Year
Travel: As Needed
- Bachelor's degree required. Insurance designations desirable. Associateship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) designation required, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience.
- Typically, 3 or more years post-qualification with 5 or more years pricing reinsurance treaties.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, and reinsurance pricing methods. As an individual contributor role, this requires advanced and specialized technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of reinsurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims and Information Technology
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and complete work under the timelines agreed in advance