The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retaillocations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
We are looking for a Sr. Director, Acquisition and Retention Marketing who will drive multi-channel customer acquisition, retention, and conversion efforts for the Honest.com direct-to-consumer channel. In this role you will oversee acquisition marketing in a high-growth environment using a full marketing mix, including search, social, affiliate and display. You will create and drive strategy to retain customers and reduce churn through life-cycle marketing, loyalty programs and other customer retention tools. The ideal candidate is able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, has a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a highly visible role within the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all aspects of the mid to lower funnel consumer journey, including: consideration, acquisition, lifecycle marketing and retention
- Develop and execute high-level marketing strategy and activities to drive both sales and subscription membership while enhancing the overall customer experience
- Identify and prioritize acquisition channels that provide the greatest return on marketing budget, including SEM, Paid Social, Affiliates, retargeting, content marketing, email, push notifications, etc.
- Develop and execute triggered, personalized lifecycle marketing campaigns that increase engagement, retention and LTV
- Oversee ongoing CRM & Loyalty campaign development, testing, management and optimization of marketing strategies to drive customer loyalty
- Deliver targeted content and offers to key customer segments based on transactional and behavioral data through email and other key channels (e.g. in-app, push, Facebook, etc.)
- Create and track programs to drive email acquisition, loyalty opt ins and app downloads
- Track, evaluate, and disseminate CRM & Loyalty program learnings/performance to optimize programs
- Identify and build relationships with specialized agencies to assist in achieving marketing goals
- Provide input on models to define profitability and LTV of acquired customers, using data to refine strategy
- Develop a pipeline for innovation across marketing channels, promotional offers and messaging, using A/B and multivariate tests to test hypotheses
- Champion new opportunities within the digitallandscape, staying on top of the latest trends and innovations
- Partner withinternal creative and brand teams to develop integrated marketing messaging and creative execution
- Clearly communicate business requirements; partner with technology teams and external vendors to build software and processes to enable customer targeting/segmentation, campaign execution and measurement at scale
- Promote continual creative improvement and lead programs to expected ROI with an understanding of cost of acquisition, retention and lifetime value
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports and statistics to monitor and adjust key marketing programs in order to maximize growth
- Mentor, motivate and develop the user acquisition team and ensure they are set up for success
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A confident, dynamic leader. You’re known far and wide for your impressive relationship building skills.
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects.
- An exceptional communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization and can present your thoughts to everyone individual contributors as well to top execs.
- Results oriented. You love to exceed set goals and take on new projects
- A highly analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics
- Data-driven with a consumer-first focus. You have a strong track record of driving growth and engagement for direct-to-consumer subscription product/services
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Acquisition and Retention Marketing, including: CRM and Loyalty programs, preferably within a B2C e-commerce/retail setting
- Experience hiring, managing, developing and motivating high-performing teams
- Proven ability to improve customer acquisition, retention and upsell/cross-sell rates at scale in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Hands-on experience with CRM/marketing automation and related technologies (e.g. Salesforce) and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of CRM principles, processes and technologies; ability to influence, build business cases and clearly communicate business requirements to justify allocation of technical resources
- Demonstrated success creating customer-centric campaigns that speak to specific customer segments
Bonus points for:
- Experience with subscription business models