We are seeking a Senior Director, Accounting, to join our team. This is a great opportunity to have an impact at successful high growth cloud software company, where your ideas and contributions will be valued. This is a key position within the Finance Department that will interact with all a levels and individuals throughout the organization, and be responsible for building and developing their own team.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations through month-end close, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cash, account reconciliation and other typical accounting areas.
- Review and approve work of other accounting team members.
- Ensure transactions are accurately and timely reflected in the financial statements.
- Review international accounting entries and prepare monthly eliminating journal entries.
- Coordinate and prepare for monthly close meeting.
- Prepare explanations for fluctuations in trended numbers.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting, including required bank reporting.
- Implement new technical accounting standards.
- Assist with annual external audit management and provide solutions to audit request and answers to auditor inquiries.
- Assist with various tax preparation and filings
- Work with company leadership and stakeholders inside and outside the Accounting department to implement scalable processes.
- Identify areas for improvement related to accounting, policies, processes and systems and proactively implement improvements
- Participate in strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- CPA required
- Strong technical accounting background
- Combination of public and private accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite or similar enterprise software is required. Zuora, Avalara AvaTax, Concur experience desired
- Experience managing accounting teams
- A solid understanding of US GAAP and full cycle accounting
- A strong work ethic, with a do what it takes to get the job done mindset
- A strong analytical and problem-solving skillset
- A positive customer services attitude ? meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly-developed organizational and follow-through skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- The ability to work both individually, as a team member and team leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; California; Pleasanton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.