As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining "Cloud First" applications on Azure cloud platform. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts. At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills coding capability. Candidate will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. Our engineers are You Build You Own (YBYO) mindset that play an active part in managing incidents and troubleshoot any issues. Candidate will be a key member of successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- *Minimum 7 years' experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- *Minimum 7 years' experience with industry standard tools and languages (i.e. Visual Studio, Power BI, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services, Cloud Development, etc.) required.
- *Minimum of 7 years' experience in business application design and development.
- *Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong domain expertise in cloud application development (Azure Preferred)
- IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, API Management
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, DockerEE)
- DevOps / continuous integration technologies (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Terraform)
- Web application server technologies
- Monitoring Technologies (native cloud monitoring and 3rd party monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Moogsoft, Splunk, and others)
- Experience with Middleware, Web Servers, Proxies, Firewalls
- Expertise with databases and data modeling / design (SQL & NoSQL)
- Extensive experience in creating engineering and architecture related documentation and other artifacts in support of large scale development efforts
- Cloud and distributed application design, software architecture and practices
- Hands-on expertise implementing and using DevOps and CICD techniques and technologies
- Experience using integrated development environments targeting Linux, Windows, public clouds required
- Breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Familiarity with other SaaS Cloud solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Office 365)
- Security principles -- encryption, authentication, authorization, integrity, auditing, pen testing etc. -- and how these are applied in a cloud environment
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.