francesca’s® is a specialty retailer which operates a nationwide chain of boutiques providing customers a unique, fun and personalized shopping experience. The merchandise assortment is a diverse and balanced mix of apparel, jewelry, accessories and gifts which targets 18–35-year-olds. francesca’s is continuing to embrace diversity and inclusion with recently adding two new collections: franki and francesca’s Fit which creates a more positive and inclusive experience; we now offer sizes for a 10-year-old up to 3X. Today, francesca’s® operates 460 boutiques in 45 states and serves its customers through francescas.com, and the francesca’s app. For additional information on francesca’s®, please visit www.francescas.com.
Reporting to Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Manager of Strategic Planning will support the executive leadership team by performing analysis that informs the strategic direction and competitive positioning of francesca’s. The position will work closely with operational leadership, finance partners, and other stakeholders and build business plans, analyze internal business lines, assess competitive landscape, and prepare presentations that support growth opportunities across the business. The position will play a key role in the strategic planning process by developing actionable objectives and monitoring progress against those strategic objectives.
- Supporting the development of long-term organizational strategy, work with finance and management team to create & track initiatives, develop key metrics, align budgeting and long-range planning needs with strategic plan execution. Monitoring and reporting on projects.
- Developing ongoing analyses of competitive landscapes for current and potential markets, including demographic, customer profile, product categories opportunities and distribution channels. Assessing market trends and competitors, Identifying threats and opportunities.
- Developing strategy growth opportunities outside of traditional Brick and Mortar. Business models such as concession, consignment, shop in shop or subscription as well as other revenue stream opportunities.
- Developing profitability model for each business and store after full cost allocation. Online & Brick and Mortar.
- Performing and reviewing investment analysis for store, DTC, technology, or additional resources needed to support the business. Review proposed investments/initiatives and help with the prioritization process.
- Conducting research and analyses of operational effectiveness, processes to drive revenue growth, value enhancement, and cost optimization. Develop presentation for the executive team and Board of Directors that summarize KPIs, strategic analysis, options, and recommendations.
- Leads trials concerning new business initiatives, pilot programs, and regional rollouts; based on results, makes, recommends, and implements adjustments and modifications.
- Aligning departmental goals, processes, and resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders without direct authority (Department leaders and functional counterparts). Must be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills including Excel modeling and the ability to effectively interpret and represent data through charts and graphs.
- Thorough understanding of business administration, management, and business forecasting strategies and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or industry-related field required, MBA highly preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the industry or acting as a consultant on major strategic planning projects required.