Senior Digital Product Manager - Cloud Applications & Online Store
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher recognizes that digital enablement has the power to change the way our customers work —providing them with unmatched capabilities for commerce, services and innovation to drive productivity and ultimately power science. We are moving forward with a vision to be the world’s leading digital science company. In order to recognize our vision, we are looking to significantly enhance our digital footprint and customer offerings.
As our company accelerates its digitaltechnology offerings, a critical organization for our continued future success is Digital Product Management. The digital product management team, led by the Vice President of Digital Product Management and Customer Insights, drives the strategy for developing capability and features throughout our digital ecosystem. Creating meaningful and powerful digitalexperiences on behalf of our customers drives the digital product management team.
As part of the DigitalTechnologies Product Management organization, your role will be a Senior Digital Product Manager with responsibility over our vast array of cloud based instrument data analysis apps as well as the app store experience. These cloud based applications help our customers find the answers to their research questions and provides a valuable bridge from the scientist’s lab to our digital ecosystem. Reporting to the Director of Digital Platforms you will focus on the customer needs, identity and review business opportunities, as well as drive commercial adoption of our current and future cloud based data analysis applications. Working closely with otherdigital product managers, business leaders and customers in the field, you will develop the product roadmap and work with development teams to deliver value-added product features while measuring their adoption and commercial success.
- Define product vision and strategy that aligns with overall business goals, meet customer needs, and contribute to meeting key performance indicators
- Develops product roadmap that aligns with stakeholder expectations and resource availability
- Engages external corporate customers and end users to understand their needs and how they can best be served through product capabilities
- Monitors market, competitive, and technology trends and capabilities to shape strategy and roadmaps
- Engage with stakeholders to develop business justification and obtain necessary buy-in and approval to move efforts forward
- Presents strategy, roadmaps, QBR, and status updates to leadership on regular basis
- Prioritizes work efforts and provides high-level requirements for product execution teams
- Works with otherinternal groups to bring product roadmap to life including UX, engineering, QA, analytics, legal, business units, marketing and others.
- Establish functional KPIs and monitor on regular basis to determine direction and provide justification for proposed efforts as well as to report results of previous efforts
- Develop capabilities across channels (desktop, mobile, tablet, etc), platforms, and regional sites
- 6-8years of relevant industry experience with a minimum of a bachelors degree. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 4 years Product Management experience within an ecommerce or web software application environment developing product strategy and with a demonstrable track record of roadmap delivery
- Life science laboratory experiencepreferred
- Strong customer and CX focus
- Track record in working to quantifiable targets and goal orientation
- Influential communicator and skilled operator in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate priorities and resources across a complex global organization
- Ability to effectively engage across organizational levels from executives to technical teams
- Strong executive presence with good presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Global mindset
- Product management experience within Life Sciences or similar environment
- Experience working on global products that have regional considerations
- Experience developing products across desktop, mobile, kiosk, and other devices
- Experience working within Agile methodologies
- Experience working within SAFe framework