Senior Digital Marketing Manager
- Redwood City, CA or Boston, MA
- Marketing - US
Alation is seeking a strategic and data-driven Digital Marketing expert/enthusiast to join our rapidly growing team. As a key member of the demand generation team, you’ll be responsible for implementing campaigns across various channels that increase brand awareness and generate highlyqualified leads for our sales development team.
As part of the Alation marketing team, you'll be part of a group that's defining a new category of solutions in data and analytics - Data Catalogs. Alation has been recognized as the leading innovator in this space and works closely with Fortune 500 customers such as Exelon, Express Scripts, LinkedIn, and Pfizer - to name a few. We were named as a back-to-back leader in the Gartner Metadata Management Magic Quadrant in 2017 and 2018, and recognized as a Leader and trendsetter in The Forrester Wave™: Machine Learning Data Catalogs, Q2 2018.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for digital marketing and has gone above and beyond in the following areas:
- SEO You have a deep understanding of traditional Search Engine Optimization practices like keyword research, link building, on-page optimization, etc. And more importantly, an interest in and awareness of the latest SEO trends (e.g., featured snippets, related questions, knowledge graphs, mobile/voice search, YouTube optimization, etc.).
- SEM In addition to being an expert in the implementation of paid search and display ads, you understand how to increase CTRs while driving down CPC, have a keen eye for managing campaigns and for making ongoing improvements by looking at trends in the data, and excel at utilizing the latest features like extensions, video ads, and responsive display ads. You ideally have your Google Ads certification.
- Paid Social When opponents of social media advertising say that it is no longer a viable, cost-effective channel for lead generation, you confidently reply “Unless you know my tricks!” In addition tounderstanding how to optimize campaign creative for maximizing clicks and conversions, you know how to drive quality targeted leadswhile minimizing costs.
- ABM You have been successful in executing creative, highlypersonalized online and offline campaigns for target enterprise accounts, and have experience managing and proving ROI from an Account-Based Marketing platform like Terminus.
- Reporting & Analysis You’re a firm believer in data-driven decision making and you are confident in your ability to extract the most meaningful insights and turn them into a compelling story.
- Cross Functional Marketing Partner with other marketing team members to support integrated campaigns and advise on the best use of digital tactics to support objectives.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital marketing and/or demand generation
- B2B marketing experience, ideally in BI or data/analytics
- BA/BS with strong quantitative focus (e.g. Math, Economics, Statistics) or equivalent experience
- Self-starting attitude, great communication skills, and attention todetail
- Extensive experience in driving digital campaigns for audience acquisition/retention and pipeline growth
- Experienced, hands-on user of paid search (Google/Bing Ads) and paid social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) platforms
- In-depth understanding of how to interpret (and improve) advertising metrics (e.g., CPM, CPC, CTR, quality score, etc.)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including an understanding of digital marketing analytics and channel ROI
- Highly proficient in Google Analytics and/or other web reporting tools
- Proficiency with the following software a plus: HubSpot, Salesforce.com (SFDC), Unbounce, and Terminus
Adopted by some of the world’s leading analytics teams at companies like eBay, Tesla, and Square, Alation’s applications have improved the productivity of analysts 20-50%. Alation delivers a data catalog built for data collaboration, curation and productivity. We believe everyone deserves towork in a respectful, data-driven and yet creative culture.