This full - time position will be eligible for our full benefits package, paid vacation time and more.
- Pitch content ideas in weekly editorial meetings and write 3-4 pieces of content weekly.
- Mentor and help associate and assistant editors by critiquing their work, identifying errors, celebrating accomplishments and capitalizing on teachable moments.
- Implement eCommerce content creation efforts, including assigning pieces and monitoring quality and quantity.
- Assist with content creation/distribution efforts around Handyman Pro, our pro content offering for residential construction business owners and industry leaders.
- Use SEO best practices to create all content.
- Track and report site analytics (traffic, engagement, revenue) with the goal of identifying high and low-performing content and informing content strategies based on data.
- Create Native article content as directed.
- Fulfill on-the-fly content requests from partners, affiliate team, social, etc.
- Assign freelance content aligned with content goals weekly.
- Top edit all content and publish to site.
- Stay apprised of DIY trends, and understand what content our competitors are producing.
- Support editorial strategy with a full understanding of editorial integrity, brand, voice, shareability and engagement, as well as knowledge of data-driven content principles and newsletter trends.
- 8-10 years writing and/or editing in a digital editorial environment
- Significant experience working with Adobe and/or Google Analytics
- Experience working with WordPress
- Significant knowledge of SEO strategy and tools, including SEMRush or Conductor
- Possess the ability to communicate brand and channel knowledge, regularly providing feedback and offering suggestions
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong capabilities when it comes to multitasking
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- Understanding of the Family Handyman audience and voice
- DIY experience a big plus.