As a Digital Business Analyst, your role is to act as a relationship partner to the business units to facilitate functional and non-functional requirements of the services we select and build address the business needs and deliver business value. Uses a solid understanding of business strategy, business process and solution modeling to ensure that technology drives optimal value and advances on the maturity curve. The Digital Business Analyst works in a cross functional environment to build consensus on technology decisions that balance the need for fast delivery with long-term goals and operational excellence. This role is part of the Digital Center of Excellence and requires knowledge of the wide spectrum of digital and eCommerce technology in the sales and marketing areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with business leaders and IT business representatives to ensure understanding of requirements and their alignment to future strategic direction of the business/function. Elicits and documents functional and non-functional requirements to meet business needs. Identifies business drivers and anticipates future business and technology requirements
- Creation of documentation of formal requirements, use cases, user stories and models that map business strategy, customer demands, and technology delivery
- Collaborates with application developers, designers, and architects to ensure a shared understanding of the business model and the detailed requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with business and IT partners
- Act as a liaison from the technology groups to ensure the value of technology and influence consensus across stakeholders
- Understanding the strategic direction of the business and related IT platforms, including an in-depth understanding of systems topography and services across the enterprise and how they relate to target groups
- Collaborates with other cross-functional teams from all domains throughout the lifecycle of solution delivery
- Manages the progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving issues, and recommending actions; Provides senior management and project management with regular updates on deliverable timeline and project status.
- Comfortable facilitating discovery sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
- Champions and acts as a conduit for innovation from functions and business units
- Contributes to project planning and execution for business systems architecture related deliverables.
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately.
- Support the implementation of Business Architecture and analysis delivery standards and deliverables, peer training, and the continuous enhancement of Business Architecture and Analysis capabilities.
- Active contribution to standards defined for Digital Center of Excellence and project leaders.
- Timely and accurate escalation of risk and issues for the production and maintenance of applicable project metrics and status reports within a project.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration or a related field.
- 5+ years of business architecture and analysis experience in a large matrix organization
- 3+ years of experience in relationship building and fostering a collaborative working environment
- Strong experience with cloud-based eCommerce platforms such as SAP Hybris, Salesforce, Adobe and other sales enablement technologies.
- Experience with Agile and other system development lifecycle and methodologies
- Experience around cloud hosting and cloud-based applications
- Experience using Agile and source code control applications.
- Experience writing & maintaining technical designs, functional designs, and integration documentation
- Ability to organize and present material and topics to a diverse set of stakeholders and identify high value deliverables for those stakeholders and communicate tradeoffs is a must.
Non- Technical Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development life cycle
- Possess a strong sense of ownership for achieving results
- Passionate and inquisitive approach to the technology driven world
- Passionate about metrics and top performing applications
- High energy with a 'own it' and 'make it happen' attitude
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information, and make sound decisions
- Project management skills
- Experience in Management Consulting a plus
- Experience interacting with business and technical teams to develop requirements & designs
- Out of the box thinker that enjoys working collaboratively with others on solutions.
- Medical Technology or Healthcare experience is a plus.