We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world's top eyewear retailers. i
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work in our operations team to automate and scale our infrastructure, drive best practices, and who strives for maximum availability and performance.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop scalable infrastructure in AWS
- Write code to automate and monitor our infrastructure.
- Utilize configuration management tools to make our lives easier.
- 5+ Years using Linux/Ubuntu/Debian
- Experience with Debian Package Creation and software repository management
- Familiarity with Software Repository Management / PPA creation - aptly, reprepr, etc
- Experience with major Configuration Management tools like CFEngine, Salt, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash, Python
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS, OpenStack, Google Cloud
- Distributed Storage Knowledge, S3, Ceph, gluster, etc
- Familiarity with Linux Kernel Hacking, building custom kernels, drivers, and backporting modules
- Experience administering monitoring and metrics tools like CheckMK, Zabbix, Munin, or Nagios
- Experience with continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Familiarity with Networking technologies like AWS VPC, OpenVPN, VyOS, Vyatta, TCP/IP, Subnetting
- Solid understanding of internet fundamentals from TCP/IP to HTML5
- Experience with iterative development practices (Agile/Scrum/Kanban)
- Previous experience working at a startup
- BS/MS in a STEM discipline preferred