We are looking for systems and devops engineers who are passionate about all things operations and know how to drive automation and excellence into every aspects of building, deploying, running, and scaling our gigantic cloud services. CloudWatch has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day, our systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about monitoring, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what CloudWatch can really do to help application and service owners everywhere.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
· Working knowledge of the Linux operating system and basic system tools
· 5+ years building and running systems for high availability Internet-facing services
· 5+ years of development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
· Prior experience in a monitoring domain such as infrastructure monitoring, application performance management (APM) or network performance monitoring (NPM).
· Experience with massively scaled distributed systems
· Experience with Linux performance testing, profiling, and tuning
· Knowledge of TCP/IPnetworking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
Job ID: 609217