How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking DevOps Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Description of Position:
The Systems Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Along with meeting the requirements for a Senior Systems Administrator, the role will involve DevOps responsibilities where the successful candidate will work collaboratively with software engineering in a Linux environment to:
• Deploy and sustain our products/systems
• Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operations and sustainment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
• Manage IAVA updates for systems.
• Manage user accounts on systems (often through Ansible scripts).
• Update Ansible to deploy new software to meet new security requirements (for instance virus scanning software).
• Manage Virtual Machines through Infrastructure/Platform as a Service resource.
• At least 9 years of Systems Administration experience administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management, and general system maintenance;
• Broad understanding of technologies and tools in the following areas:
o Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, etc)
o Continuous Integration (like Jenkins)
o Infrastructure Automation (like Ansible)
o Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS)
o Container Concepts (like LXD, Docker)
o Orchestration (like Kubernetes).
• Flexibility to be called in after hours to help restart applications/systems or to troubleshoot.
• Knowledge of Git, Ansible, Jenkins and Docker.
• Able to work with vague requirements and flush out with SMEs on team.
• Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of additional system administration experience on projects with similar environments may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required