Who We Are: ZOLL Data Systems is a leading digital health technology company servicing the needs of medics, firefighters, and other lifesavers. Our healthcare cloud-based technology solutions lead the industry in providing mission critical service to industries that provide life-saving services. We have the resources and stability of a large company, but the nimbleness, ambition, and determination of a startup, because we used to be one. Our vision is to improve lives through transformational People and Products.
Who You Are: The DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer will drive and evangelize the configuration management activities across the entire R&D organization providing best practices and ensuring our source control and builds are running smoothly.
Perks & Benefits: ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Additionally we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service and much more! Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts and STD/LTD.
- Provide automated and orchestrated management of all SaaS platforms and technical solutions to complex problems that require creativity and dedication.
- Provide guidance and expertise to product developers as part of ZOLL's Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Leading and contributing to AWS architecture, development, maintenance, automation and orchestration for application pools, websites, data services, virtual networks, security, monitoring, service discovery and other platform services.
- Exercises considerable latitude to determine technical objectives of assignment; completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Responsible for ensuring that assignments are delivered on schedule and in accordance with ZOLL quality standard.
- Guides the successful completion of all aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
- Contribute in definition of and enforce patterns, best practices and strategies for source control structure, branching and CI/CD
- Enhancing platform services with Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins and Packer
- Contribute in definition of and enforce patterns for local developer environments to ensure consistency across all products and into production builds
- Define, promote, and maintain SRE (DevOps) best practices across the ZOLL organization and product lines
- Collaboratively participate with team members to identify areas for improvement and drive solutions.
- Participate with Architects and product development teams within Agile processes to build rock solid services and expand our SaaS portfolio
- Working in Jira to manage Agile story production and escalated technical issues.
- 4 year technical degree or military experience as a technologist
- At least 3 years of experience developing production level applications or automated deployment pipelines using Infrastructure as Code in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google)
- At least 2 years of experience in DevOps practices and platform engineering for commercial applications.
- At least 3 years of experience in server administration (Linux and or Windows)
- At least 3 years of experience in scripting or development languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, JSON, Java, AngularJS, Node.JS)
- At least 3 years of experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- 5+ years of Cloud experience
- 5+ years in a Software Development role
- 5+ years of system administration experience
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Methodology and SRE practices
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Amazon AWS Certified Developer certification
- Amazon AWS Certified SysOps Administrator certification
- Amazon AWS DevOps certification