Senior DevOps & ReleaseEngineer–(Infrastructure Automation)
Are you passionate about improvingreleaseengineeringinfrastructure using the latest technologies (ansible, docker, Splunk)? Do you have a track record ofimplementing and administering the current generation of Jenkins/Docker/Artifactory DevOps and release engineering infrastructure? and are passionate about resolving and identifying build issues across a variety of platforms including Solaris, AIX, and HPUX alongside some of the most experienced and sharpest release engineers in the industry?
Splunk is seeking asenior Release/DevOps Engineer with proven experience in implementing, improving, and administering build infrastructure and identifying and debugging build issues. This person is passionate aboutproviding world-class customer service with a sharp focus on implementing, deploying an reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline infrastructure and their associated services. The successful candidate has experience working in complex multi-platform environments and familiar with release engineering practices and tools. He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across teams and leadership skill in organizing cross-site team members to accomplish common goals, and be able to follow through project status among team members. Partnership, creativity, and leadership are meaningful traits required to succeed in this role.
- Help diagnose build failures and identify root cause and report to development engineers in a variety of environments such as Solaris, AIX, HPUX, linux, and windows.
- Provide timely, world class customer service for requests from all release engineering customers including;software development, QA, sustaining and project management. Typical requests would cover; build failures, CI system management, SCM,Docker, Artifcatory, build systems management and testing across multiple platform environments.
- Use the latest technologies (Docker, Ansible, Splunk etc..) to improve the current build and CI/CD infrastructure and pay back some existing technical debts.
- Act as a lead engineer in prioritizing and executing critical and blocking issues among team members
- Engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements requiredfor new and updated release engineering requirements.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve release engineeringinfrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- BA/BS degreeand minimum 4+years of experiencein a technical field or equivalent.
- Experience in setting up build environment and identify build errors in multi-platform environment such as Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Linux, windows, and Mac, strong interest and experience in HPUX, Solaris and AIX
- Troubleshooting and debugging experience of build environment and identifying compilation issues in at least one of: Groovy, Python, java, Node.js, C++
- Experience with Jenkins 2.x, CodeShip, or Travis CI; older tools like Bamboo or TeamCity a plus
- Experience in Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Linux, Windows.
- Experience in versions control system with branching and merging e.g: Git, Perforce
- Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with container technology– Docker, UCP or Kubernetes
- Experience with two or more of: Ansible, puppet, chef, Artifactory, Nexus
- Cloud-deployment expertise with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform; GCP or Azure a plus
- Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make.
- Experience in package managers, e.gnpm, yum.