As a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions, Equifax provides businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Employees at Equifax are helping us disrupt the marketplace by delivering leading-edge technology to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
The cloud has changed everything and automation is at the core of what we do. We want our customers to have an easy button for everything! Whether we are developing code for our administrators and customers to interact with, exposing infrastructure APIs or provisioning 1000s of systems at our locations around the globe we need engineers to do it all. DevOps Release Engineers play a key role in delivering applications. DevOps Release Engineers partner with application teams to help them ship their code quickly and reliably. This includes development, management, and onboarding applications to a CI/CD pipeline. The DevOps Release Engineer will also be an advocate for automation and will consult our internal clients on best practices.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar technical degree. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of technical degree.
- 5+ years' experience as a Build and Release engineer, DevOps engineer, or in a similar technology role
- Extensive experience with DevOps, Release Management and delivery of software to production with high quality.
- Installing, maintaining, and administering software on Linux and/or Windows servers
- Experience with PowerShell and/or Octopus Deploy
- Automation Experience with Build/Deployment, Software Configuration/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering related tasks.
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, bash, perl, etc.
- Installing, Configuring, Administering, and Tuning of Application Servers and WebServers.
- Deploying and automating applications in cloud environment using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Rundeck, RPM, etc.
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM (GIT, SVN), Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), Nexus, CI (Jenkins), CD Automation Tools.
- Strong understanding of software project release automation.
- Experience in Implementation of Application Tier with Tomcat or WebSphere.
- Design/Implementation of network and presentation tier technologies, including F5, Apache, IBM HIS, MS IIS, NGINX, etc.
- Strong automation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute
- Understanding of basic network concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision in a small, focused team
- Inherent curiosity and ability to learn new technologies, plus the ability to figure out the best tools for a given problem.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience in Agile Methodologies, Processes, and LEAN Principles.
- Experience with continuous-delivery concepts like blue-green deploy and canary deploy.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure) and virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, OpenStack).
- Experience in Performance Testing/Tuning/Monitoring, maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Experience in developing J2EE or .Net applications