Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Our industry is at the cusp of a once in a generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operate and innovate in an increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal, you see and create what’s possible. Working at Pivotal means doing what you love. We only hire trailblazers and pioneers and we want people who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big.
Pivotal provides for a new software architecture paradigm - often referred to as “cloud native” - to take advantage of the power and flexibility of cloud independence. Our technology portfolio is wide yet focused on cloud native software delivery. Pivotal is not the place for people that prefer legacy technologies. We invented Cloud Foundry, the leading Open Source cloud native runtime. We are the curators of Cloud Foundry, the industry standard cloud application platform that abstracts away infrastructure so you can focus on the application innovation.
We have a saying at Pivotal: “Be Bold”. What that means is we encourage everyone who works at Pivotal to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time. If you like a culture of entrepreneurism, Pivotal is the place for you. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
The Pivotal Platform Architect will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise with regards to Pivotal Cloud Foundry as well as have the capabilities to install, connect, and optimize this platform. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts
- Qualify sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Provide expert technical pre-sales support for opportunities involving Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Conduct pre-sales POCs for Pivotal Cloud Foundry and all supporting products
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of technology markets, directions and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- 3+ years experience in data center architecture, delivery and operational services in Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware SDDC, AWS, Azure, Google Compute Platform and OpenStack
- Experience with server administration in Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic, Glassfish, JBoss, Nginx, HA Proxy, Apache and Microsoft IIS
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and tools such as Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks and BOSH
- Pays attention to IT Operations trends and new best practices
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (New Relic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Papertrail, Datadog, VMware vRealize, AppDynamics etc.)
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the United States and Canada
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience