I have a Senior DevOps Manager role in Manhattan, NY that is looking for a wicked smart engineer to join the team. See the job specs below and please feel free to reach out with any questions. Please send your most updated resume, thank you!
- Design, develop and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Maintain and develop docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written java services, running in Google Cloud on Kubernetes
- Maintain and develop automation using tools like ansible and python
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Day-to-day collaboration with developers and QA teams, to influence design, and architect solutions in multitiered environments
- Orchestrate staging and production deployment
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
- Assist in designing and rolling out a revamped monitoring and alerting system using DataDog, Splunk and PagerDuty
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in systems administration with a focus on DevOps (9+ years without BS)
- Proficiency in python, bash, or other comparable scriptinglanguage
- Experience with cloud technology, and virtualization with docker / kubernetes. Google cloud experience a huge plus.
- Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, DNS, etc), OSI Layers, infrastructure services and security
- Proficiency in linux administration (CentOS a plus)
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of technologies listed below (but not limited to).
- Ansible, Puppet, CentOS, Git, Perforce, Python, DataDog, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Graphite, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java 8, Kafka, Zookeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hazelcast, Fabric, R10K (and related design concept), Apache, Nginx
- Highly desired but not a must: Experience configuring Google CS, DataFlow, DataProc, BigQuery