8 - 10 years
Posted 31 days ago
Location: Long Island, NY (relocation package available)
We are seeking an experienced leader to manage a team of Operations Engineers and offshore teams who are responsible for continuity of operations for a suite of web and digital Software / IT applications. This includes all aspects of troubleshooting, analyzing and working with development / project teams in developing code fixes for service impacting issues.
Experience leading/managing and mentoring a team of DevOps professionals.
Deep understanding of and extensive experience with configuration management, Continuous Integration, and other DevOps tools
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· The quality, availability and performance of multiple technologies mostly providing external customer facing services
· Work closely with the project team members to ensure controlled application releases to test production environments
· Strive for automation and continuous improvement of the current infrastructure configuration.
· Drive automation of Test Cases to expedite regression testing
· Industry experience managing service-oriented architectures with high availability and performance.
· Identify, analyze, coordinate, and resolve environment and infrastructure needs to ensure a smooth running application.
· Leverage hands-on engineering skills to maintain the solution, fixing critical issues and ensure high availability.
· Oversee the coordination, integration, and flow of development, testing, and deployment to support continuous delivery.
· Proactively identify potential application issues performance bottlenecks, platform stability issues and recommend and implement solutions.
· Develop performance and reliability tests used to enhance throughput and availability.
· Define and design the monitoring capabilities, tools, automation, and processes for proactive monitoring and stability of the platform
· Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the infrastructure.
· Liaise with other technical teams (i.e. operations, security, development, networking, IT Management, etc.) as well assist in joint Projects.
· Plan, organize and document complex system design activities.
· Ensure System configuration is consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
· 7 or more years of working experience in server administration and software development.
· Bachelor or Master's degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience leading/managing and mentoring a team of DevOps professionals.
· Deep understanding of and extensive experience with configuration management, Continuous Integration, and other DevOps tool.
· Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
· Knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (Windows Server and Linux/Unix), current equipment and technologies in use, system performance monitoring tools, and good knowledge and extensive experience with Windows Server and IIS.
· Strong understanding of Networking fundamentals TCP/IP, Firewalls, Load Balanacers, DMZ's and routing and switching protocols.
· Experience with Web server farms, load balancing, and high availability technologies (Netscaler ADC and/or F5)
· Strong knowledge of SSL Certificates and Certificate Management
· Understanding application layer protocols, (http, soap, dns, smtp, snmp, ssh, tls/ssl, etc.).
· Knowledge and experience with web servers such as IIS, Apache; proxies and Web Application Firewalls.
· Experience supporting .NET and Sitecore based applications; with databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle
· Knowledge of API management and proxy technologies; versioning tools such as subversion and Github; configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible; cloud providers Microsoft Azure and AWS.
· Security experience would also be a significant benefit.
· Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing to peers, senior management, and other non-technical personnel.
· Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
· Ability to work on multiple IT projects, as well as manage day to day operations.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Experience working in Agile methodology.