We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who has a passion for designing and implementing efficient automated infrastructure and services with demonstrable professional experience in a senior capacity, applying sound software engineering principles.
You care deeply about enabling developers to create systems and tools as rapidly as possible without falling into bad design patterns. The idea of generating a scalable process to manage user access is intriguing to you; the idea of managing individual access requests on a daily basis makes you yawn.
You have deployed and configured a wide range of AWS services including databases, networking, and security. In this role you will work with such paradigms and technologies as: 12 factor app design principles, Docker, Kubernetes, and ElasticSearch ecosystem.
As a company, we move fast. We need special individuals who can empower engineers to prototype and deploy quickly while also making sure we can scale, remain secure and stay reliable.
Why would you want to work with us?
- We serve as a center of excellence for the rest of the engineering group. We provide guidance, we don't just close tickets
- We invest in technology and infrastructure. You will get to think ahead, flex your design chops and break stuff on the way to a viable solution
- We value independence and judgement. Yeah we have managers, but we don't just take orders. We create and understand priorities, and we figure out how to get them done together
- Our company is unique. Ziprecruiter is focused on testing hypotheses and validating designs before committing to a particular path. This means we are happy having 10 failed tests if number 11 is a success and we are interested in getting there quickly. Our team needs to be able a support a group of developers and analysts that moves at this pace.
What You'll Be Doing:
Note: this list represents our collective expertise. We don't expect any individual to be an expert in everything!
- Design, implement, monitor, and scale self-service oriented infrastructure
- Work with development teams to create robust and maintainable infrastructure that will scale from both a performance and maintenance perspective. Design said infrastructure in such a way to minimize roadblocks for developers who design new systems, while keeping the resulting systems robust and maintainable.
- Performance analysis and improvement of production and development systems
- Create and leverage monitoring/alerts to ensure system uptime and optimum performance
- Help troubleshoot production issues and perform root cause analyses that create effective mitigation strategies
- Support build/deployment processes with eye towards improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for a distributed team of 150 developers (and growing!)
What We're Looking For:
Technologies & Paradigms include (but not limited to)
- 12 Factor application principles
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ...)
- Streaming/logging technologies (ElasticSearch, fluentd, LogStash, Kafka)
- Message Queueing (Kafka, SQS€¦)
- Coding and scriptinglanguages (Perl, Bash, Python, Go, ...)
- AWS Ecosystem (EC2, VPC, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, ...)
- Linux everywhere
- A fun work environment
- Opportunities for advancement as our young company grows
- Competitive salary
- Generous bonus plan
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Local gym discount
- Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.