Our team is seeking a Senior DevOPS engineer with strong development and communication skills. You will own key components of our deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning. Day-to-day activities include:
- Building out and improving key components of our AWS deployment pipeline
- Work closely with other development teams to understand product additions and changes and accommodate such changes in the deployment pipeline.
- Proactively enhancing monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities
- Providing technical leadership and direction for the team
- Championing a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence
- Seeking out ways to improve our development practices and tooling
- 5+ years of hands on experience in software development using Ruby or Python
- Excellent system design and object-oriented design and development skills
- Extensive experience automating the deployment and ongoing operation of multi-region cloud services.
- Strong networking background (routing, switching, proxies, firewalls, DNS, etc.)
- General Unix or Linux expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Strong security background (PKI, WAF, scanners, firewalls)
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience with the Atlassian tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Experience with CloudFormation and the AWS API
- Experience using Chef, Puppet, Saltstack or a related technology.
- Experience with third-party identity, monitoring and logging services (e.g., OneLogin, DataDog, SumoLogic, Pingdom).
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.