The Senior DevOps Engineer / Senior Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for infrastructure and application support in multiple 24x7 eCommerce environments.
This position includes integrating with cross platform development teams and demonstrating proactive approaches in maintaining and monitoring the company's production environments.
Within this role, the Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for installing, configuring and optimizing the enterprise eCommerce systems and networks in a Linux based environment.
- Routine systems administrative functions to maintain customer-facing servers and infrastructure
- Recommend, design, and implement systems management and automation systems
- Design, configure and tune high availability Linux systems and experience running infrastructure on AWS
- Participate in product deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Maintain the patch levels of all OS and application patches on all systems using automated systems
- Act as a team lead for 2-3 DevOps engineers and provide guidance and direction on projects and tasks
- Manage technical projects to ensure best-practice is utilized, deadlines are met and high quality work is produced; including design and implementation of high availability systems on AWS
- At least 4 years of Linux system administration experience (RHEL/CENTOS)
- At least two years experience as DevOps
- At least three experience with managing services in infrastructure with AWS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management – preferably Chef and Jenkins
- Previous experience building tools and frameworks to automate complex processes
- Strong grasp of web technologies and architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible and maintainable web applications and services
- Strong scripting skills with experience in Python, Ruby, Bash or otherscriptinglanguages