Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
What Part Will You Play?
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and enhancement of ProPay’s build & deployment systems. Steeped in a Continuous Delivery mindset, this engineer will work closely with the Development, QA, IT and Operations teams to deliver effective and maintainable software integration and deployment processes. He or she will select, configure, support and scale the tools and technologies used by our team to build highly scalable and manageable environments.
The DevOps Engineer’s principal responsibilities will be to build and maintain tools that automate and scale the deployment, monitoring and operations of our production, development and test environments. As part of a team that monitors and maintains the company’s production environment and computers you will occasionally be engaged with solving technical issues on these systems, ensuring that the whole company runs smoothly. This can include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, and performing software maintenance and configuration.
ProPay is primarily a Microsoft Windows development shop. Prior experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, .NET, PowerShell, and TFS is preferred, but not required.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable.
- Manage our SCM, build, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime.
- Identify opportunities to deliver self service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks.
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure and up-to-date operational environment.
- Provide monitoring across all levels of the application.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all build system components and processes.
- Create and update documentation for operational process, procedures and environment configurations.
- Mentor other engineers and technical analysts.
- Move fast, break things, and determine how to fix them.
- Proficient with scriptinglanguages such as PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and deploying software to Windows Server environments.
- Experience building and deploying C# or Java code.
- Experience using & implementing Configuration Management software such as PowerShell DSC, Octopus Deploy, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience working with SCM systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Experience implementing & configuring Continuous Integration Software such as TFS, Jenkins, Team City, CruiseControl, Hudson, or Bamboo.
- Experience writing and configuring build automation software such as Apache Ivy, Maven, MSBuild, Ant, or Gradle.
- Experience implementing artifact management repositories such as Artifactory is preferred.
- Experience using deployment consoles and workflow automation software such as Rundeck or Thoughtworks Go is preferred.
- Experience implementing virtualization is highly desired (eg. VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V)
- Familiarity with commercial release life cycle methodologies, project management, quality assurance.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum or Lean/Kanban environment.
- History of building tools for developers.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re not intimidated by technology; you know how to leverage it to build great products. Your skills are broad – scripting, user experience, integration, database, even business domains – and you easily transition between those. You like to leverage modern technology and can quickly assemble it to create solutions that aren’t over-engineered.