The Senior DevOps Engineer will develop and support infrastructure that runs MIS applications including the internally developed EMS, Flash and IT+ applications. This position requires an individual who can successfully work in a dynamic work environment where priorities change based on current business needs. Deadline driven project assignments and our iterative approach to development processes require a professional with excellent communication skills. Candidates must have experience with Enterprise Java application development, deployment, administration and monitoring on Linux, Bash scripting, and application server configuration and maintenance in a production environment. Familiarity with Ansible, Ant build scripting, PCI Compliance/Information Security, and Web services (both SOAP/WSDL and REST) deployment is highly desired. A desire to investigate and evaluate new technologies and methods will be highly valued.
- Maintain and develop custom tools (including Bash, Ansible, Ant, and some Python or Batch scripts) for MIS application build, deployment and monitoring.
- Ensure system infrastructure necessary to run both production and non-production versions of MIS applications is available and reliable.
- Analyze and/or create business requirements, documentation and technical specifications in conjunction with MIS Business Analysts and our internal customers.
- As a member of the operational support team provide rapid response and issue resolution to the business teams for production issues.
- Contribute to Design and delivery of components for internal applications (primarily the EMS & Flash applications) and Web Services for use by external products and websites as needed.
- Lead or mentor project development teams.
- Refine knowledge in all MIS-supported systems to gain a more well-rounded understanding of overall company processes
- Build solid working relationships with MIS team members as well as collaborating with internal customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience (6 to 8 years)
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience administering and configuring Linux in production environments including writing and customizing Bash scripts.
- 3 to 5 years experience administering, configuring, and patching JBoss (or other Java based middleware) for use in a production Linux environment
- 1 to 5 years experience with CD/CI tools such a Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Using and maintaining version control systems (Git or similar)
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of mentoring teammates and ability to set project goals and delegate tasks.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts including ability to work with DBAs to troubleshoot problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with MIS technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Understanding of and experience with remediating PCI and S-Ox Compliance or Information Security issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work and adapt well within a team environment
- Dynamic thinker, a problem solver.
- Experienced with Agile processes (Kanban, SCRUM, etc.).
- Ability to work well in a flexible environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Professional Java and JEE/EJB development and design experience. (Experience with Swing a plus).
- Red Hat JBoss certification
- Experience migrating applications to AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience writing and maintaining Apache Ant or Maven build scripts
- Exposure to container architecture (Docker, Vagrant, etc.).
- Familiarity with Python and PHP script development and maintenance.
- Desktop Java application deployment and support.
- Web Services (SOAP/WSDL and REST) deployment experience
- Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE
- Business Objects Crystal Reports experience
- C# experience.