The Senior Cloud Services Engineer / DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, development, release, and ongoing operations of the automation framework, architecture, tooling, and processes that support our technology platforms and services. This practice is the core of how our technology products are developed, deployed, and operated at scale, and is helping to unify technology operations.
- Design, engineer and integrate the components of the technologies and infrastructure that support our technology products and services.
- Design, engineer and operate the automation frameworks and processes that support our software development and technology operations.
- Design and socialize the Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) needed to produce resilient, maintainable, and scalable technology products and services.
- Develop tools and scripts to improve our ability to continuously deploy, test and operate our products and services.
- Assist in the design, development, and deployment of new infrastructure and platform features and services.
- Assist our product development and operations teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Lead code reviews around platform and technology automation.
- Act as the configuration management subject matter expert as needed.
- Act as the operating system subject matter expert as needed. Represent the Systems Team on the Agile Release Train.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a must; working in a SAFe environment a big plus.
- Experience developing fault-tolerant distributed systems running on community components.
- Experience managing and scaling highly available systems and operations, particularly in cloud IaaS environments.
- Experience managing large scale AWS or similar cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or a comparable configuration management tool.
- Experience with one or more scriptinglanguages and shells, particularly Ruby or Python.
- Ability to articulate concepts and ideas and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Ability to incorporate commitments, strategic objectives, and day-to-day tasks seamlessly.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Must be willing to travel on occasion and provide after-hours support as necessary.
- Must be able to work well autonomously and be a self-starter.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with OpenStack is helpful.
- Working knowledge of Java/J2EE architecture, development, and operations is helpful.
- Working knowledge of RESTful API development and usage is helpful.
- Working knowledge of one or more virtualization implementations is helpful.