About SS&C Technologies:
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivalled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
You will be a valued member of a cross-functional support team responsible for monitoring, fixing, and ensuring that application availability is maximized. Your primary focus will be to provide the first line of defense by ensuring the overall health and availability of our applications for our clients. You will also script, work and interpret monitoring tools that provide insight into the health and performance of our critical applications. Additionally, you will develop CI/CD pipelines to install and configure open source software for development teams to integrate into their own applications. You will be working with other reliability engineers in a supportive environment. Mentoring will be provided to you and you will be expected to mentor other engineers.
We are looking for:
- A highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and proven ability to quickly understand complex business and systems
- A person with growth mind-set – someone who embrace challenges, adapt well to changes, is proactive, a problem solver, learns from experience, has a passion for continuous learning to develop self and new skills
- A team player who communicates and collaborates well with others, both inside and across all related parties. We do large-scale software development and support. Teams are in different locations - communication and collaboration is key for success.
- An individual contributor able to make suggestions for continued improvement or increased efficiencies by eliminating tedious and repetitive work, and providing guided program suggestions that can be implemented in short period
- Strong planning and prioritization skills to meet business unit commitments aligned with company goals and financial responsibilities
- A self-starter who delivers operational results that align with department commitments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information System or related field
- Minimum 4-5 years equivalent work-related experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in Java and Java-based Web application development
- Experience with CI/CD and cloud technologies, preferably with GitHub actions
- Infrastructure as code experience, preferably with Terraform
- Solid Linux/Unix and Windows skills with a focus on DevOps or SRE
- Familiar with or able to quickly learn Apache NiFi, Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka, Keycloak, Serverless Computing, GraphQL, APIs, APIM
- Good knowledge of containers
- DevOps skills such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Zipkin, Loki, Grafana
- Understanding of Microservices architecture using Spring and Spring Cloud technology
- Worked with JSON, XML, AJAX files
- Good understanding of networking
- Worked with SQL or NoSQL
- BDD and TDD and Automation Testing with Cucumber, Gherkin, Protractor, Selenium
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies