Senior DevOps Engineer
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The DevOps Engineer is part of the Global IT Infrastructure team supporting our Global Knowledge Products. The team designs, develops, tests, deploys, and manages solutions both on-premise and in the cloud, following Agile Scrum best practices. You will be working with the Senior DevOps engineer to collaborate closely with our engineers to deploy, operate and enhance the global infrastructure. This position requires good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creation of new services and infrastructure in Azure or on-premise.
- Development and migration of existing infrastructure
- Support and on-going development of existing CI-CD infrastructure and pipelines
- Work with the Sr. DevOps engineer to develop automation for current manual processes
- Monitor the infrastructure escalation queue and respond to tickets in a timely and appropriate manner, ensuring that customers receive an excellent service
- Working with the IT community to establish best practices
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- High professional standards for work quality.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and openness in daily work on projects that may include ambiguity, risk and changing direction.
- Internally motivated self-starter that enjoys working both independently and in team environments.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of Git, Kubernetes and any cloud platform (we use Azure) is required.
- Experience with the design and implemention of CICD pipelines (we use GitHub Actions) is required.
- Knowledge of the latest DevOps tools and practices.
- Experience working with k8s clusters managed through GitOps is desirable.
- Experience or working knowledge of k8s service mesh technologies, such as Istio is desirable.
- Experience with database technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres
- Strong experience in a scripting languages, such as PowerShell, Bash, Python.
- Experience administering Linux or Windows Servers is desirable.
- Experience developing applications in a collaborative team environment with SCRUM (Agile Software Development) preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in fast paced, rapidly changing and complex environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and interest to work on and improve our automation infrastructure, including ARM, Azure Automation, Microsoft Flow and Office365
- Web server support and configuration
- Familiarity with test and build systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Knowledge of monitoring and analytics tools such as ELK, Application Insights / SCOM
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.