Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 276 days ago
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
As a Senior DevOps Engineer – Service Virtualization Specialist, you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our complex systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale for one of CGI's major healthcare clients.
Location open to one of several offices or remote.
You will use your background as a DevOps engineer to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the DevOps mantra and involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product. They will also believe automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems. May play a lead role or technical consultant role in large or complex projects or initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead development and infrastructure communities on the Continuous Delivery Journey.
• Learn and adapt emerging technologies to Cigna’s environment.
• Present at internal brown bags and provide demos of emerging technologies, to a broad range of skills levels.
• Create prototype designs and working demo applications working closely with appropriate teams.
• Ability to identify key patterns and gaps that will limit overall stability of prototypes and propose solutions to meet both technology and process gaps.
• Guide teams through backlog prioritization for technical debt, DevOps and modular improvement efforts.
• Leverage a data driven approach to test and learn as changes are introduced or observed in the environment.
• Team player with a positive attitude can collaborate with business partners, peers, and leadership and can manage change.
• Strong focus on how we can improve our customer's experience of our systems
• An understanding of the principles and values underlying lean and agile flow. Prior success applying SAFe/Scrum/Kanban experience is preferred
• Skilled at communicating to people of all skills and roles in the organization, including very technical engineers and cost-conscious executives
• Strong understanding of working from Ops/Customer Service perspective with Value Streams.
• Experience in automating workflow and process flows using CI/CD tools.
• Provide application support, development, and maintenance of a portfolio of automation and productivity applications.
• Ability to define process and implement in tooling to enable efficient IT and business
• Extensive experience with Source Control management and its influence on the SDLC and DevOps Processes.
• Good knowledge of evolving technologies include micro-service, internal and external cloud, PaaS solutions, software defined networks, flexible storage solutions.
• DevOps: 3 years
• Configuration Management: 3 years
• ITSM: 2 years
• CI/CD scripting: 3 years
• Service Virtualization
• 3-5 year’s experience in an Agile or DevOps environment
• Service Virtualization development & implementation background
• Experience in Continuous Integration frameworks such as Jenkins uDeploy, SonarQube, etc.
• Experience in configuration management solutions Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
• Experience in monitoring solutions such as apm, splunk, etc.
• Experience in ITMS tools
• Experience in coding/scripting languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, Shell, etc.
• Experience in SCM tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS degree in computer science or similar degree (software engineering, information systems / technology)
Position ID: J0418-1242