We are seeking an experienced, talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join the engineering team at Freckle. You’ll be bringing your talent and expertise to continue building and scaling our highly available and distributed SaaS platform.
In this role you will:
- Design infrastructure and automated systems to support our distributed architecture
- Manage CI/CD pipelines and constantly improve its reliability & speed
- Forecast and plan for the infrastructure needs of a fast-growing SaaS company and find ways to improve efficiency
- Collaborate with our engineering team to detect and resolve infrastructure problems.
- Maintain highly available web and backend systems that serve millions of users, and 1000’s of requests per second
You will do it using your...
- BS in Information Systems or Computer Science, related field experience, or both.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Hands-on knowledge of public cloud infrastructure - Ideally AWS
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, PHP, shell, etc
- Strong interest or experience in a functional programming language (Haskell, Scala, Clojure, etc)
- Experience with managing relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Good experience with logging and reporting systems (Splunk, Datadog, etc)
- Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
You will fit in by…
- Thinking like an owner
- Drive for results
- Communicating with honesty, candor, and respect
- Automating anything that you have to do more than once