What You’ll Be Doing
- Automate Everything. In order to build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient platform, you will automate anything and everything - including deployment, monitoring, management and incident response. You will build and manage our production systems and tackle challenges associated with building things for the R&D team.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will implement and operate the infrastructure for Solera’s next generation platform in a fully tested agile model. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. This involves collaborating with BA’s, Product Owners, Designers, and third party development teams in person and remotely to deliver a resilient, scalable infrastructure.
- Passion for Technology. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
Are You Qualified?
- 5+ years of experience in similar technology development environments to ours
- Ideally had exposure to working within a greenfield environment/startup style
- Experience of B2B and B2C solutions
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience using scriptinglanguages, configuration management tools, and command execution frameworks
- Programming experience
- Working with microservices architecture
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments
- Experience working with production PAAS platforms such as Cloudfoundry, Heroku, Openshift, Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience using containerization technologies such as Docker, rkt, Garden
- Production & Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines using tools such as Concourse, Drone, Jenkins 2.0, Bamboo
- Programming experience in the likes of NodeJS, Python, Go, Ruby, Java, C++
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Application Performance Monitoring and Log aggregation at scale
- Microservices infrastructure applications such as Service Discovery, Configuration Service, API Gateway
- RDBMSexperience such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- NoSQL experience such as MongoDB
- IAAS automated provisioning and maintenance
- CAAS platforms such as AWS, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Cloud native design patterns such as circuit breakers, self-healing
- 12 factor app methodology
- Message-oriented middleware such as RabbitMQ
- iOS, Androidmobile application build pipelines
- iOS, Android automated testing