Porch is looking for an experienced Devops Engineer to join our team in scaling our “Infrastructure as Code” platform with our business growth. You will be responsible for being a key individual contributor within our team, managing and maintaining both the cloud infrastructure and components that keeps our products churning, the continuous integration / continuous deployment process that allows us to seamlessly manage change within our microservices architecture, and the health and availability alerting and monitoring of said systems.
We are primarily an open source and cloud only shop, you’ll be pretty much all in Dockerized Linux environments managed via Chef and other deployment tools. The Porch operational environment consists of microservices and micro-databases deployed within the Google Cloud Platform. These dockerized microservices live within Kubernetes clusters. Data technologies such as PostgreSQL, Kafka, and ElasticSearch are prevalent. When confronted with new use cases, features, and functionalities we evaluate all options, both traditional and new technologies.
- Manage and maintain tools to monitor and improve site availability; work with ?development teams to promote integration and adoption of those tools. ?
- Work with development teams to institute general ‘more better’ functionalities within our ?CI/CD platform (currently GitLab CI/CD) and configuration management. ?
- Be a part of the On-Call rotation to diagnose availability issues from root causation to ?remediation. ?
- Work with the devops team to design and implement projects and initiatives to grow ?functionality, availability, maintainability, and scalability of our infrastructure. ?
- Generally make the world a better place through automation.
- 3 to 5 years in a devops environment. ?
- Strong experience with elastic environments AWS, GCP, etc). ?
- 5-7 years experience with Linux. ?
- Experience with Docker or other containerization platforms. ?
- Configuration management experience (Chef or similar technology) ?
- Alerting and Monitoring (Nagios, New Relic, etc) ?
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI/CD systems (Jenkins, GitLab CI, etc) ?Bonus points ?
- Familiarity with JVM (Java/Scala) ?
- Have used Kubernetes ?
- Experience with our relevant data storage technologies (PostgreSQL, Kafka, ?ElasticSearch, Redis) ?