The Senior DevOps Engineer is a key member of our team responsible for ensuring we are developing cutting edge and best in class systems across PAR’s SaaS product lines. The DevOps team is tasked with implementing DevOps principles within all software development teams and driving improvement, innovation, and market dominance through these principles. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be expected to implement and drive adoption of DevOps using strategies such as Fast Feedback, Continuous Improvement, and other LEAN / Agile methodologies. The Senior DevOps Engineer will exemplify PAR’s values of People, Awareness, Authenticity, Dreaming, and Perseverance and help build and shape the team to do the same.
PAR Technology Corporation is the parent company for two wholly owned business units providing systems and services for both government and hospitality sectors. PAR’s largest business unit, Restaurant & Retail Systems (ParTech, Inc.), is the world’s leader in technology products and service integration solutions for the quick service restaurant industry. With revenues of approximately $150M, this unit serves many of the largest restaurant companies in the United States and around the world.
- Research and recommend new technologies and toolsets for the DevOps toolchain
- Be a passionate advocate of DevOps principles and practices
- Maintain a customer first approach while executing towards the Corporate goals
- Design and develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) Pipeline components and jobs
- Collaborate and work closely with all engineering teams to build, maintain, and deploy SaaS products to Cloud infrastructure
- Develop and Maintain monitoring solutions for all SaaS Cloud Environments
- Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) libraries and automation code base
- Engage with Development teams to promote DevOps adoption and advocate for DevOps driven design decisions.
- Mentor Jr. DevOps engineers and provide guidance on their daily tasks
- Ensure that we are developing quality maintainable systems
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Required (1 – 2years +experience):
- Highly effective oral and written communication, the ability to work in a team environment, accepting guidance and collaborating with others.
- DevOps experienceworking with source control systems, designing and troubleshooting build pipelines – using tools such as Git, TFSVC, Jenkins and VSTS.
- Designing infrastructure and supporting applications running on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Working with containers and orchestration such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Scripting automation with tools such as PowerShell, Bash, or Python.
- Supporting production workloads on Windows and Linux
- Experience working in fast paced Agile development methodology
- Ability to maintain on-call rotation responsibilities for designated SaaS offerings.
- Preferred (1+yearsexperience):
- Administering Database Engines – Both Relational and NoSQL
- Logging aggregation, processing, and visualization systems such as the ELK, SumoLogic, and Splunk.
- Time series based monitoring and alerting systems, and familiarity with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, StatsD, CollectD, and WaveFront.
- Configuration Management using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.