• Building software for and managing highly available cloud infrastructure for continuous integration, automated software releases, infrastructure automation, and monitoring.
• Operating Kubernetes and Docker in production on a public cloud.
• Building and operating services that are foundational to the product architecture in terms of usage across multiple products, such as Kafka, Authorization/Authentication, and MongoDB.
• Building and operating software delivery, process automation, testing, and other tools to improve developer velocity and fuel engineering innovation.
• Leading deployment aspects related to networking (e.g. load balancing), security (e.g. TLS termination, secrets management), and scalability.
• Supporting, troubleshooting, and monitoring of production systems, including optimization to their performance, scale, utilization, and costs.
• Ensuring compliance with security frameworks such as SOC II and FEDRAMP
• Experience running Kubernetes at scale and in production on public clouds, preferably with both Linux and Windows workloads
• Experience with AWS and its APIs
• Development and administration experience on Linux environment with distributions like Debian and Ubuntu
• Programming skills in languages like Java/Python/Ruby/Go/C/C++
• Demonstrable experience in creating high-performance and highly scalable services
• Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTTP, TLS, and REST and services such as Nginx and HAProxy
• Experience with tooling and systems for build, infrastructure automation, and monitoring, such as Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Datadog, and Sumologic
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols and security principles at all layers of the stack from networking to applications
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits good balance between strategic direction and tactical execution
• Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally
• Experience: Minimum 7 years industry experience with 5 years as a DevOps engineer in SaaS companies
• Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent