The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a part of a team supporting and scaling the production infrastructure for the delivery of web applications
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Design and implement quality software delivery solutions.
- Design and deploy applications utilizing components of the AWS stack focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and disaster recovery
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize production systems.
- Help streamline software development
- Conducts performance tuning, load testing, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance and support of the production environment
- Serves as a technical expert on the most difficult support and troubleshooting problems.
- 7 to 10years of experience in multiple IT areas including 2–3years of relevant Web/Internet experience
- Expert-level knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem
- Software development background and scripting with one or more of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, Perl.
- Sound technical understanding of the use and administration of various Linux distributions (RHEL preferred)
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems
- Working knowledge of web and application servers management and configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx, JBoss, Tomcat)
- Experience with build and deployment automation tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with virtualization platforms and cloud technologies (VMware, AWS, Docker)
- Experience with log aggregation tools (Splunk, Elasticsearch, LogStash)
- Experience with metrics infrastructure tools (Statsd, Graphite)